Need some advice on studio shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

kegler

Dec 25, 2003
myhobbieseatdrink.blogspot.com
I have totally no idea how it works in a studio shoot... so im wondering if i should take up some lessons to learn abt lightings ie how to use, how to setup etc or i should just sign up a studio shoot n most likely i will learn from there?

*im someone who hates to attend class, most of the time i falls asleep :bsmilie:

but im wondering if i just signup for a studio shoot will i learn?...or most likely being a nuisance in there asking abt everything happening in there... or worst screw up the whole shoot , then i will be :hung:

so im wonder how u guys start in this area?

Thankz in advance!

do a studio lighting course. a hands-on one, not sit down one.

you did not mention what you want to shoot in a studio?

kegler said:
so its better to go for courses before i enter any studio lar? :D

To shoot, not really.

But to setup, you gotta have some hands-on, either through a course or with an experienced friend teaching you in a studio.

I organize studio model shoot for newbies. Participants do not sit down, everyone get their hands-on and set up the light and other equipment together, pose the model together and shoot.

:thumbsup: for Astin's course ... practical, and a very good start for a studio newbie.

Alternatively you may ask ard for those who do studio shooting and join them is a shoot...

My first studio, is in Chinatown for my graduation shoot taken by my friend. Actually didn't shoot also cos I'm the model :D :D :D

I believe those Nikon users' gathering ppl will friendly enough to help you. ;p

Suggest you join one studio shoot first. See what you like, then decide on the course. And choose a course with more hands on than theory type, theory can read, but hands-on is essential.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.