Need some advice on studio backdrop

Status
Not open for further replies.

voldisinarta

Sep 14, 2007
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Hi there,

Need some advice since I has no experience at all on this matter :embrass:. I am thinking of building a simple studio in one of my bedroom. The width of the bedroom is around 2.6 metre (approx 8.5 feet), and the height is the height of a normal HDB flat.

My Questions:

1. Any suggestion where to get backdrop of that width? So far I already browse around and it seems that the minimal width available for paper or muslin is 10ft, which is too wide for my bedroom.

2. One of my friend suggest me to get a seat cover vinyl sheet. Any idea what is the width of such sheet?

3. I think to start with white and black backdrop... Is it a wise choice? Or should I start with other colors?

Thanks.

Hi there,

Need some advice since I has no experience at all on this matter :embrass:. I am thinking of building a simple studio in one of my bedroom. The width of the bedroom is around 2.6 metre (approx 8.5 feet), and the height is the height of a normal HDB flat.

My Questions:

1. Any suggestion where to get backdrop of that width? So far I already browse around and it seems that the minimal width available for paper or muslin is 10ft, which is too wide for my bedroom.

2. One of my friend suggest me to get a seat cover vinyl sheet. Any idea what is the width of such sheet?

3. I think to start with white and black backdrop... Is it a wise choice? Or should I start with other colors?

Thanks.

There is, you can go CP look around... there is smaller backdrop about 1m width...

If you want a specific lenght, probably you can buy a longer one and cut 1 side shorter by using a rotary saw.

there are small roll paper background available, and muslin b/g is suppose to be hanging very lose, just like a curtain.

It should be around 5ft, anyway, vinyl is glossy finish and reflective, unless you want to create some kind of effect, else you will hard time lighting it evenly.

black, white are both fine, other colors b/g depend on what theme you shoot most, it will be less useful and universal.

Thanks guys for your response. I went to Cathay and Ruby photo this morning and it seems that the price was over my budget. Well, I'll save more money for some months and will find the cheapest price available in the market.

V.

check out those things that PQ23 is selling, very much affordable.

I would suggest you use muslin backdrop instead of paper b/g, cos paper b/g are more for permanent set up.

Check out Spotlight (Plaza Singapura) for some suitable fabrics as a backdrop for a reasonable price especially if they are remenants or off cuts.

I heard also that black velvet works well if you need a black backdrop, as it doesn't reflect the flash so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.