Need serious recommendation for portable hard disks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iomega would be a popular brand as well, but I suspect that you can buy a portable hard disk from any of the lesser brands and you'll still have a reliable piece of equipment. For example, I found an Astone hard disk box with a 40GB hard disk installed at Funan IT Mall, Challenger Super Store, and it cost me around $169. There were even cheaper ones available, but the warranty on this was the thing that made me lean towards its purchase...my Dad could take it back to Australia and there was still a service center there within easy reach because it was in the same state (Victoria).

How about getting a DVD Drive and tranferring those older or seldom accessed pictures into DVDs and free up precious hard disk space? If you want to be KS, can even save two copies each.

Maxtorture? I'd stay away from it, specially now that the company is kaput, bought over by Seagate.

I use external HDD casing with Seagate/Hitachi HDD's.

Your budget should allow you to get something in the sub 200gb region. What interface are you planning to use? USB 2.0? FW 400? FW 800?

Status
Not open for further replies.