Need Serious HELP and advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ericang

Jul 7, 2008
Singapore, Singapore
Hello guys,

i just happened to chanced upon my dad's old film camera, Canon EOS80D with5 different lenses in a bag. The bag had been in his cupboard for at least 8 to 10 years, together with a bottle of silica gel with already all turned white. Most of the lense are like 'stuck' - unable to turn. Dun dare to use force as i am afraid of spoiling the mechanism inside

i thought of restoring the camera and its accessories to take night shoot.

Should i restore it?
If yes, where can i go to get the thing cleaned up?

Here is the photo of the camera and the lenses which i could not identify

P1010929.jpg

P1010931.jpg

Do you think worth restoring it for night shoot?

Thanks

Regards

Eric

Forget it... not worth the money.

thought u say canon..but the pic turn out become Nikon...:confused:..

as what bro zac08 said, forget it... save the $ for BBB.

oh hahahahaa.......

Now then i realise .....
My dad kept say its a canon...
Did not go realise the brand until now that you highlighted me
hahahaaa

So no point restoring it?
Throw it into the dustbin ah ?
Kind of wasted... i believe it cost my dad alot of money back then ...

Thinking that this camera calso capture alot of moments which i don't even remember until i saw those photographs.....

Last edited:
oh hahahahaa.......

Now then i realise .....
My dad kept say its a canon...
Did not go realise the brand until now that you highlighted me
hahahaaa

So no point restoring it?
Throw it into the dustbin ah ?
Kind of wasted... i believe it cost my dad alot of money back then ...

Thinking that this camera calso capture alot of moments which i don't even remember until i saw those photographs.....

Not economically viable... unless its one of those FM series, then mebbe worth it to repair... This 601 is not really worth the money and effort.

Post it in the classifieds. Someone might be interested to purchase it.

Now thing is, you might want to be more descriptive about your title. It kinda give someone a heart attack if you see someone crying out wolf when there's really only a kitty out there :confused:

Sorry bro .....

I was too used to posting such title in some TCSS forum...

My apologies :)

Try contacting Fatigue here on CS. He night need it for parts ... but that might only fetch you less than $20-30.

You can pick up a F-601 at around $140 nowadays, or even lower. The lenses are not superb ones too. So I guess you have to accept the fact that things do depreciate.

I think it's not worth it for repair. Save the money and get better cams. Alternatively, keep the F-601 as display set in your home :)

You may want to consider donating the body to a school / orphanage or institutions like Salvation Army or somewhere like that where kids can learn about basics of photography the old school way.

With the use of film, they may learn to properly focus and compose a scene before shooting.

And as for the lens...well...there are options like paper weight, door stop, or a fishing bait ;p

Why don't you just clean it up a little and keep a piece of your Family History? ;)

They don't make SLRs like they used to! :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.