need recommendations for Loupes and lightboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by zhapchit

bought :p
Cabin CL5000P Lightpanel + Rodenstock 4x Aspheric Loupe

Congratulation! Now...when r u going to get a projector?;p

I wonder what's the price of the Schneider 4x loupe...does CP has the newer version? The old version I heard is crappy built...also stunning glass...

Originally posted by Kho King
I wonder what's the price of the Schneider 4x loupe...does CP has the newer version? The old version I heard is crappy built...also stunning glass...

I asked, nope, they don't have the new silver ones. :( But they do have the old Schneider 8x at $230.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

I asked, nope, they don't have the new silver ones. :( But they do have the old Schneider 8x at $230.
Regards
CK

I guess they will never import the new silver version, if they can't get rid of the older one. Anywhere...8x at S$230...quite ok...Rodenstock 6x I heard is also similar price...

I guess they will never import the new silver version, if they can't get rid of the older one. Anywhere...8x at S$230...quite ok...Rodenstock 6x I heard is also similar price...

No, Rodenstock 6x at CP is a whopping $280!! Edmund told me Ruby can bring in the Schneiders if interested, don't think they have any on display to look see. Anyway, better not to see, otherwise ...... ;p

Regards
CK

No, Rodenstock 6x at CP is a whopping $280!! Edmund told me Ruby can bring in the Schneiders if interested, don't think they have any on display to look see. Anyway, better not to see, otherwise ...... ;p

Regards
CK

Haha...loupe is not on top of my purchase list now...as I already has one...there are too many things to buy...but too little money...

Haha...loupe is not on top of my purchase list now...as I already has one...there are too many things to buy...but too little money...

Yeah, happens to all of us. But I am very happy with the Rodenstock. Time to spend the money on film instead. :)

Regards
CK

Lightpanel/lightbox : The flat thing with a large, even light source.

124595.jpg

Loupe : The high class magnifying glass to see your slide/neg in detail.

44934.jpg

That's it! :)

Regards
CK

OIC, Thanks man.

Regards
CK
Just checked out the Schneiders at Fotoguide today.... *drool*

Roughly:

4x ~ $175
6x ~ $300
10x ~ $310

Btw.. the 6x loupe from Schneider does allow for full frame viewing.

Originally posted by Edmund

Roughly:

4x ~ $175
6x ~ $300
10x ~ $310

Wah! Schneider 4x only $175? Very good price. But I bought the Rodenstock liao leh. :p

Regards
CK

Originally posted by Edmund

Roughly:

4x ~ $175
6x ~ $300
10x ~ $310

Wow...is ths the new version? Does Schneider has 8x loupe?

I think should be the new one. The new silver ones does not have 8x. I wonder if there's any significant difference between the Schneider 4x and the Rodenstock 4x Aspheric.

Regards
CK

Wah! Schneider 4x only $175? Very good price. But I bought the Rodenstock liao leh. :p

Regards
CK
Who ask you dun wait for me?? :p

Yes, these are the new versions.

Nope, dun think they have a 8x loupe. I tried the 4x, 6x and 10x versions, VERY VERY NICE!!!! :eek:

I heard Schneider loupe is not using aspherical glass...but Rodenstock is. True?

Status
Not open for further replies.