Need recommendations for Compact Digicams

Status
Not open for further replies.

MerseysideRed

Sep 8, 2006
Hi guys,

I'm looking to get a compact PnS very soon. Not looking at ultra-compacts as I want manual modes. Budget is around $500. Any brand will do.

Thanks! ;)

Fuji F30 or Panasonic LX2 @ 600+... or Fuji F20 at @ 400+ iirc... dono about any other brand :bsmilie:

I recommend Fujifilm F20.

I second that if you do not need any manual settings. F20 look nicer with the metal grey . IMHO.

I second that if you do not need any manual settings. F20 look nicer with the metal grey . IMHO.

Wao looks like many people here recommend fujifilm, rather than the canons and nikons. Will have a look at that. But I'll need manual settings, as I like to play around with the cam, ultra compacts just bore me after a short while.

Fuji F30 then! :) u can print ISO1600 shots in 4R with hardly visible grain. i just printed some shots that my parents took inside some tourist attraction in beijing. it was shot at ISO1600. honestly, it looks like ISO100 - 200 from any typical canon compact. it is THAT good

For compact, Fuji F30 or F20 are very good for low light condition. I am using F20, check out these sample pic I took yesterday at the Fish&Co with dim lighting.

Wao looks like many people here recommend fujifilm, rather than the canons and nikons. Will have a look at that. But I'll need manual settings, as I like to play around with the cam, ultra compacts just bore me after a short while.
Fuji F30 do have some manual like aperture/shutter mode (not sure bout F20 tho), the LX2 i mention have those function as well. personally i take LX2 because of its slightly special 16:9 sensor instead of the normal 3:2 or 4:3.

ultra-compacts not manual de meh? cant be right?

but F20 no Image stabilization..
i m thinking of F30, Nikon S9 or S7c (if less than $550)

Hey guys, I'm new to photography too and am interested to get a F30 as well(after reading so many positive comments on this pdt, and of course, looking at the photos taken by fellow forumer).

Where is the best place to get it? And what shd i look out for when purchasing digital cameras?

TIA

or the upcoming IXUS 850 IS? has wide angle lens, digic III on top of that..

but F30 using xD Picture Card + Internal leh..
where got nice siaz..

f30 is a very good choice...

Status
Not open for further replies.