Need Recommendations For Camera Bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

alant

Oct 15, 2004
Hi dear all, I'm looking for a sling bag, those that you can sling on your shoulder type and has easy access to all your camera equipment by up-zipping or opening it.

I will most probably pack in a camera body with vertical grip + 80-200mm lens + wide angle zoom lens + flash + maybe another macro lens. And I do carry some documents (A4 size) at times so would be good to have a compartment to let me put these documents. On top of that I would like to have a separate compartment to put my water bottle. And maybe some smaller compartments whereby I could squeeze in an additional T-shirt and mp3 player etc.

Not sure if there are such bag designs around that's why I'm seeking everyone's advise. So far there are a few haversack bags that suits some of the above requirements but can be troublesome for me as I need to put down the camera bag in order to access my stuff or my camera equipment etc. Thus prefer those sling type.

Please update me if you all come across any such models. Thanks in advance. ;)

Thanks sherchoo. Any particular models that you would recommend from your experience? Budget around $200 or so.

Any more inputs that anyone would like to share?

For crumpler, a slingbag big enough to fit your gear is the "7 million Dollar Bag". Can get at John 3:16 or TK Photo for better prices compared to the Crumpler Shop.

There are slingbags from Lowepro as well, but I have no experience using them.

For a backpack with easy access, no need to put down to get to your gear, can look at the Lowepro Fastpack. To fit your body+80-200 f2.8, you'll probably want to look at the Fastpack 350. It's quite hard to describe how to reach your gear fast for this bag, but you can take a look at the video on this bag at http://www.lowepro.com

Billingham, Tamrac, Think Tank and Kata are all very good alternatives.

Try lowepro 'Slingshot'..... comes in 3 size.

I need some recommendations too. Specifically to the exact model.

Looking for a bag to fit 2 bodies with vertical grips, 2 flashes, 4 lenses at least consisting of small lenses all the way to 70-200 f/2.8 VR plus all the other accessories. Anyone? thanks alot

Thanks for the recommendations! Keep them coming in so that I can go compare and check out see which is more suitable.

Hi, going to advertise here. Selling my Lowepro Stealth Reporter 500 AW (non-D) bag at this link: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=373736 (w/ photos)
It's large enough to fit everything you talked about -- documents, all your gear and then some, with quick access from the top. If you want a new one you can get it at CP anytime. It's sling, and can add documents in several pouches (I sometimes put documents in a "hidden compartment inside the bag). You can put a water bottle inside in one of the lens pockets, but if you want those on the outside, a Domke would do nicely instead.

Regards, Haiku

Status
Not open for further replies.