need recommendation on ext. flash for S602Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoOMBEe

Sep 13, 2003
Singapore
www.facebook.com
Hi All,

pls help to recommend me a good external flash for my fujifilm s602z.
i will be using mostly for aquarium photography and a little outdoor shot.

maybe bounce flash..sorry i'm not really familiar with all the camera terms but i need this external flash pretty urgently.

help to state price as well help me make a choice....something for long term i dont' mind investing a little more

You may wanna look at the Metz range or Nikon (SB22s, SB26, etc). Personally I'm using the Metz 36-M1, full manual. However, I would strongly recommend the Metz 36-C2, which has auto-teleaperture mode. Works like a charm without the need for TTL. Will auto-cutoff when before overexposing.

;)

sooming said:
You may wanna look at the Metz range or Nikon (SB22s, SB26, etc). Personally I'm using the Metz 36-M1, full manual. However, I would strongly recommend the Metz 36-C2, which has auto-teleaperture mode. Works like a charm without the need for TTL. Will auto-cutoff when before overexposing.

;)

thanks ....can i know wats the pricing of this metz flash? is it user friendly? is it good for bouncing?

sooming said:
I think the Metz 36-C2 should sell not more than S$125.
Yes, it can bounce at various angles. Please refer to http://www.metz.de/en/photo_electronics/mecablitz_36_C-2.179.html

Happy hunting! ;)

can ask also if i buy this flash next time i upgrade camera also can use? is there a difference between all the hotshoe?

There are mainly three types (some consider two only) of flash i.e. manual, dedicated and slave triggered. However, there are only 2 types of hotshoes, either centre-pin or TTL-based. Most Fuji cameras except for the S1/S2/S3 Pro (they can use Nikon TTL since they are based on the Nikon F80), uses the standard centre-pin hotshoes i.e. S7000, S602, etc. You are free to use any flashes that supports this, and the best configuration is to use the flash that offers Auto mode (tele-aperture ranges).

TTL modes are dedicated for certain brands only and will only work (signalling of data, i.e. ISO, Aperture, metering, etc.) within their own range of cameras i.e Nikon, Canon, Olympus, etc. However Metz has come out with a range of higher end flash units that allow you to change the hotshoe to fit certain types of camera without changing the flash unit. They call this the SCA adapter. Check out their website.

:)

sooming said:
There are mainly three types (some consider two only) of flash i.e. manual, dedicated for slave triggered. However, there are only 2 types of hotshoes, either centre-pin or TTL-based. Most Fuji cameras except for the S1/S2/S3 Pro, uses the standard centre-pin hotshoes i.e. S7000, S602, etc. You are free to use any flashes that supports this, and the best configuration is to use the flash that offers Auto mode (teleaperture ranges).

TTL modes are dedicated for certain brands only and will only work (signalling of data, i.e. ISO, Aperture, metering, etc.) within their own range of cameras i.e Nikon, Canon, Olympus, etc. However Metz has come out with a range of higher end flash units that allow you to change the hotshoe to fit certain types of camera without changing the flash unit. They call this the SCA adapter. Check out their website.

:)

Wah..thanks for ur very clear explanation. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.