Need recommendation for cheap and good film scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

akane

Jun 4, 2003
Sydney
Hi,

I am tempted to buy a film scanner to scan film/slides.

What are the cheap and good film scanners in the market?

I need some recommendations.

Thanks.

akane

TME said:
Like how much?
Anyway film scanner can be used for ordinary scanning of documents or pictures or not? Thanks!

Price should be below S$600.

Minolta Dimage Dual Scan III is one of the better low-priced ones around with very good dynamic range. It's around $560.

Got 2nd hand or not??? :D :D :D

you never update yourself time to time lah. recently someone selling here and offstone. :D

But don't have ICE leh :p

mpenza said:
Minolta Dimage Dual Scan III is one of the better low-priced ones around with very good dynamic range. It's around $560.

This is a good flim scanner I have it. It does not have ICE but the image quality that comes out is still good... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

coke21 said:
This is a good flim scanner I have it. It does not have ICE but the image quality that comes out is still good... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

If I may ask what is ICE? Thanks!

TME said:

try the link below

ICE

I will highly recommend Scan Dual 3 for general archieving of negative and slides. The scan quality is fantastic. I once sent in a 2820 DPI scanned slide for 8RW printing and the details and sharpness is :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

TME said:

ICE stands for Image Correction and Enhancement.

Basically it helps to remove surface defects like dusts and scratches.

Its a good to have but I just use a blower to clean my negatives before I scan. If have defects have to use PS to correct them....:D

So ICE built into the hardware or stand alone?

I know nice also lar....... my simple Microtek 3700 can only scan up to 1200dpi or so and at 48bit only...... haiz..... u saw the scans in my links regarding the use of bounce card..... cannot make it lor....... :eek:

TME said:
Like how much?
Anyway film scanner can be used for ordinary scanning of documents or pictures or not? Thanks!

If you want to scan docs and pics as well beside film, then have to consider something like Canon 9900F. I believe comes with FARE (similar to ICE).

fastlane said:
If you want to scan docs and pics as well beside film, then have to consider something like Canon 9900F. I believe comes with FARE (similar to ICE).

The price being?? I'm hyper price sensitive....... sorry congenital condition....... :D

TME said:
The price being?? I'm hyper price sensitive....... sorry congenital condition....... :D

Retailing at $699. Should be able to get cheaper than that. You probably need to get a quote from CP or check shops in Sim Lim.
Some shops I've asked in Funan selling at retail price but with freebies.

Someone was trying to sell it a few months back maybe you should check out this thread.

fastlane said:
Retailing at $699. Should be able to get cheaper than that. You probably need to get a quote from CP or check shops in Sim Lim.
Some shops I've asked in Funan selling at retail price but with freebies.

Someone was trying to sell it a few months back maybe you should check out this thread.

Thanks! But right now really cannot..... so just looking around first...... maybe in 6 months....... but maybe in 6 months, Minolta got DSLR already....... :D :D :D then the scanner is redundant......

I don't know where you live, but using froogle.google.com there are several dealers letting it go for about $300 or so.

Froogle Search

Status
Not open for further replies.