Need recommendation for a P&S DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemon

Nov 23, 2002
Hi all,

need help in recommending a simple digital cam. I wld like to have a small DC that I can carry around with me every where I go. Just to take snapshots for references.

Ideally, one that can easily fit in the pocket. My main consideration is that it has to use CF card and AA size batteries.

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Cheers,
Lemon

This thread should be under the newbies section....

Anyway..... Just to let U know that small and cheap dun go together....

So U want something small to put in Ur pockets.... it will be more expensive.....

Think the ones that fit Ur criteria is Canon Ixus series..... My 1st choice.....

Other choices include Casio Exlim (very slim) and Nikon CP (2100 & 3100, fatter but smaller).....

I dunno about the other models... but these are the ones that comes to my mind.....

If U want a even smaller camera... I seen my friend's Che-ez DigiCam.... size of a tic tac container.... but U compromise on picture quality.....

You want small and cool looking? Then the Dimage Xi comes to mind. If you wait around for a while, the Dimage Xt will be out at the end of the month.

I'm willing to spend around $600 for the camera alone.

It has to use CF card and AA size batteries tho'. I have 2 Gig of CF storage and 30 sanyo 2100mah batteries at the moment, so don't intend to spend on other storage formats and batteries.

Doesn't need to have superb picture quality b'cos its just for snapshots purposes. 3Mp is sufficient for my usage.

Cheers

Originally posted by Lemon
I'm willing to spend around $600 for the camera alone.

It has to use CF card and AA size batteries tho'. I have 2 Gig of CF storage and 30 sanyo 2100mah batteries at the moment, so don't intend to spend on other storage formats and batteries.

Doesn't need to have superb picture quality b'cos its just for snapshots purposes. 3Mp is sufficient for my usage.

Cheers

Budget = $600
3MP camera.
Uses CF
Uses AA batteries.

I got the perfect camera for you!

Canon A70!

As to whether it will fit into your pocket it will depend on the size of your pockets. It fits into my jeans pocket nicely.

It's abt $520, uses 4 AA batteries and CF, 3.2 Megapixel and has manual functions for beginers to learn.

Smaller sizes will be the Canon IXUS V2 (2MP) or V3 (3MP).

What I'm saying is that I 've CF cards that add up to 2Gb of storage.

And yes there will be a 2Gb CF card by this year and expect bigger storage by 2004. Check up DP review. There was a piece of news about bigger storage coming into the market just a few mths back. But beware, tho' there might be bigger storage cards, your existing camera may not be compatible with it :(

Originally posted by m00nman26
wah... got such a big CF card meh?

It reached 4GB already in case you still think 1GB is the largest.

Small 3mp cameras that use CF and AA include the Canon A70, Nikon 3100 and Pentax 33L. The A70 and 33L are about the same size while the 3100 is a bit smaller. The A70 has full manual controls while the 33L has a rotating LCD screen.

I recommend a V2 or V3, very handy for taking quick snap shots for reference and the price is good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.