need recommend on which camera to get for gf

ytbryan

Oct 9, 2008
hi,

i haven't been following on pns or semi pro cameras.

I am planning to get a cam for my gf. She is using a canon ixus 90 but i want to get her something more advance to play with ( but not too bulky).

My sis had a G11 which is good. But I am not sure if there's other models that are better than G11. ( not restricted to brand)

Any recommendation?

Thanks everyone.

bryan

If the budget allows maybe you can consider NEX-3 or 5? Its not that bulky depending on what lens you use and gives you similar controls to a DSLR.

well you can consider looking into Panasonic LX3 or the latest LX5.. its consider the in-btw models for PnS/DSLR or look at Sony's NEX series or even Pentax K series..

Ive got my then gf the e-620..

Then im starting to ditch my canon and go Oly. so buy a diff brand from your camera at your own risk.

hi,

I am planning to get a cam for my gf. She is using a canon ixus 90 but i want to get her something more advance to play with ( but not too bulky).

My sis had a G11 which is good. But I am not sure if there's other models that are better than G11. ( not restricted to brand)

Any recommendation?

Thanks everyone.

bryan

wait, you want to get the camera for your gf, because she wants to know more about photography? her choice of ixus 90 seems to indicate that she might not know much about manual control.

is she interested in the technical aspect? does she want to photoshop?

if you end up getting her something expensive... and then she use it like P&S and complain to you that the colour not nice, very hard to use, so many features so ley chey...

unless of course.. you buy for her so you can end up using it. :bsmilie:

exactly ..

just got something as slim as possible and pink in color
most gfs will be happy

hi,

Any recommendation?

Thanks everyone.

bryan

S90 , S95? anyway if she doesnt have the interest and patience ...
also quite hard to go into photography...

why not ask her what she like
bring her to the shop
compare and inform her whats the difference btw each cam?

you all seem to know his gf better than him siah.. with all the pink pink and slim/small recommendations

Buy an 2nd hand DSLR???

haha not all gf like pink lah ...

ESPECIALLY if you get a gf like you know who... :bsmilie: But I agree, some pink shades DO suck! Why not red, or other more imaginative colours... like black? :bsmilie:

Btw, since your sis have G11, why not try to borrow it and let her try? Or at least visit the Canon showroom... then you can get an idea which model would suit her better?

Since she is using a Canon PNS, I would suggest getting her the Canon S95.

HTH.

hi,

Any recommendation?

Thanks everyone.

bryan

I suggest Canon S95 or Panasonic LX5 :thumbsup:

I vote for Canon S90/S95! :thumbsup:

just get a cheap one? around 200 bucks. something fancy.