Need Opinions: Sigma 17-35mm f2.8-4 EX Aspherical

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsystem

Aug 1, 2002
TheBox Pte Ltd
www.facebook.com
I will be purchasing a wide angle zoom next month and would like to hear reviews on this lense - the sigma 17-35mm f2.8-4 EX Aspherical.

Anyone here used/using it got anything to say about it?

I'm drawn to the fact that its pretty bright @ f/2.8, though i might not utilize it and will be using it with flash indoors.
Outdoors, will most prob be using it to take landscape pics and will stop down to f/11 or smaller.

Thing is, I would like to know the quality of the images produced by this lense. Whether distortion is bad.... ghosting, flare....
And all this compared to the Nikkor 18-35 D.

If its comparable, i might as well go for the Sigma one as it will keep my pocket healthier by $200++.

Review websites will also be a great help to me - i searched and can't find any good review websites on this piece.

Thanks in advance :D

how often will you be using this lens? if its pretty often, then i think its better to go for a better lens, be it sigma, or nikon, or even tamron?

why dont you also consider AF-S 17-35mm f/2.8D IF-ED ?

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: ;p

Originally posted by rncw
how often will you be using this lens? if its pretty often, then i think its better to go for a better lens, be it sigma, or nikon, or even tamron?

why dont you also consider AF-S 17-35mm f/2.8D IF-ED ?

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: ;p

I also got a range of lenses for your consideration.....

AF-S 17-35mm f/2.8D IF-ED
AF-S 28-70mm f/2.8D IF-ED
AF-S VR 70-200mm f/2.8G IF ED
AF DC 135mm f/2D
AF Micro 200mm f/4D IF-ED
AF-S 400mm f/2.8D IF-ED II

Will this whole line up, you'll be able to take almost every aspect of photography.

Status
Not open for further replies.