Need opinion on these 2 cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogueville

Apr 23, 2007
hi guys...

i'm really thinking between the Canon a640 and the G7..

wonder what u all think?are they actually about the same?

is it a matter of aesthetics?

of course G7 being the prettier one =)

thks bros!

A640 is more of a low-end model... G7 is more of a prosumer. They have different purposes and target different markets, really.

hmmmm

but from what i see.. the A640 can do most of what the G7 can right? almost all i think?correct me if i'm wrong.just it doesn't have hot shoe and image stabilizer?

hope to hear more..

image quality wise both about the same right?

thks guys!

hmmmm

but from what i see.. the A640 can do most of what the G7 can right? almost all i think?correct me if i'm wrong.just it doesn't have hot shoe and image stabilizer?

hope to hear more..

image quality wise both about the same right?

thks guys!

If u are asking about specifications, you can look at http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Canon/.

Image quality I cant really advise, there is only a review for the prosumer G7. As for A640, I dont tink there will be any reviews for it. Best if u try the cameras out yourself.

If not, compare the digital conversion eng, lens coating and megapixel?

Hope this helps.

hmmmm

thks mate:)

any idea then which one will be a more value for money?

really dig how that g7 looks.

Or rather..is there a model that works and performs quite like the G7 but cheaper?

thks guys!

G7 & A640 have been replaced by G9 & A650IS recently.

If u are asking about specifications, you can look at http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Canon/.

Image quality I cant really advise, there is only a review for the prosumer G7. As for A640, I dont tink there will be any reviews for it. Best if u try the cameras out yourself.

If not, compare the digital conversion eng, lens coating and megapixel?

Hope this helps.

www.dpreview.com has a full review of the A640, G7, G9, and S5 IS, the last 3 are prosumers:
A640
G7
G9
S5_IS

www.dcresource.com also has full reviews of A640, G7, G9 and S5 IS
A640
G7
G9
S5_IS

Do a comparison of what the reviewers say about the cameras, go to the shops and try them out and then decide which is the best camera for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.