Need info and tips: Trip to Yunan in Nov

Status
Not open for further replies.

petetherock

Oct 9, 2006
Hi friends
I am going to Yunan for a trip to do some social work and also planning a little R/R after, can I ask the experts here:

- places to see, and shot
- places to eat,
- places to stay (on a modest budget but a safe place will be nice)

I prob will fly into Kunming via silkair unless there are other suggestions
Thanks

P

ang79

Aug 31, 2006
BlurLand
hi hi

specialty food - guo chiau mee sian , chi guo chicken , mushroom , shao er kuai

visit - nearer to kunming - Dali (bai tribe) , Lijiang (luku river, snow mountain)
nearer to tibet - zhong dian ( tibet scenery )

lodging - any where but not too near train station as it is dangerous.... got robbers :bigeyes:....

also, beware of 5 star hotels!

precaution when crossing the road!!!!

cheeersss

happy shooting!

Astin

Mar 2, 2002
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
Yunnan is a BIG province, there are many cities and sights worth to see. The must-see ones are Dali, Lijiang, Shangrila, Yu Long Snow Mountain, Tiger Jump gorge.

Xiao_shin

Sep 21, 2002
Visit site
Must see how many days you have there. I spend 1 week there also not enough to see the major spots.

petetherock

Oct 9, 2006
Thanks friends, much appreciated
My social work will take up a week, in the countryside, then perhaps I can squeeze in 3 days of R/R
Its ok if I don't see everything, helping the people will be the most important, but I look forward to reporting back with nice pics.

Cheers!

surge

Mar 17, 2002
north
Visit site
if you are going to lijiang. stay right inside 'gu cheng' or ancient city. there are very nice and simple lodge that has rooms w a windows just facing some of the cobbled streets and streams.

if you are keen to take pictures of ppl there, offer to give send them the photos ( and really do it!!)

i was at lijiang and wanted to take some folks in triditional costumes. they rejected me at first. then one of them ask if i will give them the pics. i asked for their address and they let me take plenty of photos!!

i have sent them the photos and we have become friends. they have also invited me to visit their town in shangrila in some oct fest but i couldnt make it. point is many ppl never had their photos taking before. just take and show them e LCD. i was elated when saw then so happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom