Need Hobbyist Photographers to take pictures of street fashion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moo

Jan 5, 2006
I am running a new fashion site and I do need to have some pictures of the local street fashion. As such I will like to seek for the help of a female hobbyist photographer to help me go down the streets to help take pictures of those ladies in sassy street wears

The possible scenario will be for the photographer to go down orchard road, seek out those youngsters with more eclectic and mix match street wear, ask for their permission, and take 3 shots per person..

Payment for this service will be based on number of youngster being photographed

Please pm to me to discuss about the details, terms and the fee involved..

Pictures will be mail to me via email and payment will be transfer to the photographer via ebank.

Anyone will be keen?

Thanks.
Ms Moo

Moo said:
I am running a new fashion site and I do need to have some pictures of the local street fashion. As such I will like to seek for the help of a female hobbyist photographer to help me go down the streets to help take pictures of those ladies in sassy street wears

The possible scenario will be for the photographer to go down orchard road, seek out those youngsters with more eclectic and mix match street wear, ask for their permission, and take 3 shots per person..

Payment for this service will be based on number of youngster being photographed

Please write to me at moo@makeoverpage.com to discuss about the details, terms and the fee involved..

Pictures will be mail to me via email and payment will be transfer to the photographer via ebank.

Anyone will be keen?

Thanks.
Ms Moo
Here we go again!

Wonder how much is Moo payng per picture. Probably in the peanuts level.

I wonder how the copyright and release issues will be handled, and what if the subjects are under age?

Once again, trying to go cheap thru CS, and the sad thing is, there will be so many wannabes rushing to the cattle call.

btw, why just female photographers?

Here we go again. Why you keep bringing this up? Esp when you don't know what her rates will be.

As for other issues, such as model release, age, etc.-- those are for the photographer to handle.

Just because somebody come thru CS instead of calling up studios or advertising in ST doesn't necessarily mean that somebody is a cheapskate.

Not good prejudge peoples' intentions or ability to pay.

Wai Leong
===
Deadpoet said:
Here we go again!

Wonder how much is Moo payng per picture. Probably in the peanuts level.

I wonder how the copyright and release issues will be handled, and what if the subjects are under age?

Once again, trying to go cheap thru CS, and the sad thing is, there will be so many wannabes rushing to the cattle call.

Deadpoet said:

Eh.....less likely to be charged for harassment??:bsmilie:

i think it will be easier if the agency has a card or something to show the youngsters that the photographer is not taking pictures for personal collection.

Autumnite said:
i think it will be easier if the agency has a card or something to show the youngsters that the photographer is not taking pictures for personal collection.

Hmmmm...... the threadstarter did say it was for a website .....confirmed NOT personal collection ...anyway, if they are posed shots, does the threadstarter automatically get to post all shots taken by the appointed female photographers ????? Seriously, I doubt so ...as the subject has every right to have her pics taken down from the website :think:

dun flame me, hor...just thinking out loud. Of cos, if subjects and photographers get paid ...then some consideration has been given :)

Deadpoet said:
I am just able to afford wannabes. professionals with an attitude please step aside.

cheapstake moo
(didn't know CS is such a hostile place.. to think that my friend strongly recommend me this forum)

waileong said:
Here we go again. Why you keep bringing this up? Esp when you don't know what her rates will be.

As for other issues, such as model release, age, etc.-- those are for the photographer to handle.

Just because somebody come thru CS instead of calling up studios or advertising in ST doesn't necessarily mean that somebody is a cheapskate.

Not good prejudge peoples' intentions or ability to pay.

Wai Leong
===
You must understand that the Deadpoet loves to adopt this stance and blast every thread of such nature off to Mars...

Moo said:
I am just able to afford wannabes. professionals with an attitude please step aside.

cheapstake moo
(didn't know CS is such a hostile place.. to think that my friend strongly recommend me this forum)
Please don't let the minority tarnish the image of CS. Most in here are nice folks, though some don't seem that way when they post... ;)

thanks jeremyftk

Hi Ms Moo,

If you are seriously looking for a female hobbyist photographer, maybe you can try to post in the Consumer Corner. Hope that you can find one soon.

Moderators,
Please help to move this thread to Consumer Corner if appropriate. Thank you.

jeremyftk said:
You must understand that the Deadpoet loves to adopt this stance and blast every thread of such nature off to Mars...

x2. Moo, ignore the trolls.

You have stated your terms clear enough.And it's up to the photographer to deal with you in person.:)

Not a professional, but here is my 2 cts.

1. What if the kids ask for renumeration?
2. Do they have rights over the pics?
3. Agreement in what sense? Black and white?
4. Is there a quota to hit?

Just curious.

:)

I believe the subjects can ask for payment if you wanna use their pics. You will also need a model release to safeguard yourself.

Ignore the trolls, Moo... there are more helpful people in CS. Maybe the trolls have a lot more time on their hands when compared to the good ones. :)

philliptan said:
Maybe the trolls have a lot more time on their hands when compared to the good ones. :)

Just trying to make an objective analysis.

Looking at this thread alone, it seems rather obvious to me that, collectively, the "good ones" have more time than the "trolls".

hiring proffessionals to do the job not affordable?
If you spend abit more you can get quality also.

Moo said:

cheapstake moo

student said:
Just trying to make an objective analysis.

Looking at this thread alone, it seems rather obvious to me that, collectively, the "good ones" have more time than the "trolls".

Probably (and thankfully) it's because there are more good ones here... :D

Legit questions, but should be discussed in private with the hirer. Basically, these are terms to be negotiated, depends on how good you are at negotiating.

TMC said:
Not a professional, but here is my 2 cts.

1. What if the kids ask for renumeration?
2. Do they have rights over the pics?
3. Agreement in what sense? Black and white?
4. Is there a quota to hit?

Just curious.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.