Need helps in deciding which digicam for my GF

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunkist

Jul 7, 2002
i am planning 2 get my girl a digicam which is small and portable for her to bring even to work. following is the faction i would consider

1)portable/small
2)light enough
3)able to take night shot *maybe at the very least 2 second shutter?*
4) 3.2 or 4 megapixel.
5) image must be sharp, not soft soft..

i am now looking into casio's QVR41, and 51. And nikon coolopix 3700 and pentax optioS.

guys, or even better girls~ which one is better huh or u got any better choice?

megaweb said:
Canon A70 :D

my gf dun like the shape .. and she say it a bit too big~ :( sorry mega.. any better ideas?

imaginary_number said:
Canon IXUS II/S400.

ixus 400 is good. any others?

First, look at the size of her handbag or the type of bags she usually carries. Then see if the camera you have in mind can fit in.

I like the Canon Ixus 400 for its image quality but it won't fit into my handbag, meaning it's going to be sitting in my cupboard most of the time. So i bought the Casio Exilim Z4 which fit nicely into my bag and I carry it with me all the time. The image quality is not as good as the Canon but for a novice or non-photographers, they can't really tell the difference... In terms of ease of use, this Casio wins over Canon.

i have been looking one around for my gf as well..

there's the casio new one (3.2 mega pixels) sam of cp quoted me for 610 sing...

and the new kyocera card camera (got the contax exact same one except for lens)

both seem suitable for her, though i don't have the exact specs offhand...

Nikon 3700 is good enough. It should able to fit into ur gf handbag also :D

Basically my girl (very different from other gal) prefer something that is not as big as A80, but still comfortable in holding it. So exlim series is out~ coz it too small to handle.

This doesnt mean my Gf dun like casio, infact we narrow down to 2 possible digicam, it QVR-41/51, i am quote by a shop @ china for QVR-51 at $530 (including GST). it is a very good price, but can this Chinatown shop be trusted?

^_^
sunkist

sunkist said:
Basically my girl (very different from other gal) prefer something that is not as big as A80, but still comfortable in holding it. So exlim series is out~ coz it too small to handle.

This doesnt mean my Gf dun like casio, infact we narrow down to 2 possible digicam, it QVR-41/51, i am quote by a shop @ china for QVR-51 at $530 (including GST). it is a very good price, but can this Chinatown shop be trusted?

^_^
sunkist

hehe, I got a price for Nikon 3700 which is similar with your QVR-51.
IMO, 3700 is a little bit smaller than QVR51 and the Movie function is also better than QVR51.

bit said:
hehe, I got a price for Nikon 3700 which is similar with your QVR-51.
IMO, 3700 is a little bit smaller than QVR51 and the Movie function is also better than QVR51.
QVR51 is 5 mega pixel, and the lcd is 2" big~

sunkist said:
QVR51 is 5 mega pixel, and the lcd is 2" big~

Quite right.
But if you don't print, 5 meag has little effect.
Though 3700 has a 1.6'' lcd, which is much less than QCR51, it has 134000 dot.

To a girl, a slender DC is more attractive in my view. :)

Camera on cell phone is a toy at present. :nono:

rvf79 said:
y not use a mobile phone with camera?

surely you must be kidding. shots from camera phones are just for fun... and for the novelty, not for real photos.

bit said:
Quite right.
But if you don't print, 5 meag has little effect.
Though 3700 has a 1.6'' lcd, which is much less than QCR51, it has 134000 dot.

To a girl, a slender DC is more attractive in my view. :)

yeah i agree about the slender bit. only guy with their big rough hands like big things like the D2h

for a moment, I mistakenly read the title as "Need helps in deciding which digicam OR my GF" :D:D:D

amateur_photographer said:
for a moment, I mistakenly read the title as "Need helps in deciding which digicam OR my GF" :D:D:D
LOL!! :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.