Need Helps/Guidance On External Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

thheng71

Jun 10, 2004
Singapore, Toa Payoh Nth
Hi Pple,
Need help or guidance from those whom are using external flash(Achiever TZ250) on Olympus C-750uz. I have just brought myself this flash but do not know how to operation. Pls advise.

THks n RGds

Achiever TZ250
11132P3290177b.jpg

How should I set the below setting for DIN/ASA. Pls advise.
11132P3290176b.jpg

Hi Ortega,
U mean if my cam ISO is set @ 50, I should set the switch @ ASA 50. How abt the angle of the flash which angle should i fix at. Pls advise.

THks n RGds

1) you have to set the ISO/ASA value to be same as your camera. So if your camera setup is ISO400, you have to do the same to the flash.

2) I do not know the meaning of the blue and the red color but the value 1.4 2 2.8.. are the aperture value you need to set as equal to the camera setting.

In other word, put your camera in Av or manual mode. what you set on your camera, you just set it accordinly on the flash and shoot

On the other hand if you want to do flash compensation, like + 1 stop, just play with the apperture value on the flash. i.e if you camera use F2.8, you can set the flash setting to +1 stop at F4. This will give you +1 stop compensation

THks Jim,
Well... according to to the manual,
Red setting is for shooting at distances of up to 20feet(6m) at f/4 ASA100 / DIN21 at wide position.
For longer distances, use the Blue setting which allows shooting up to 30feet(9m) at ASA100 /DIN21 at wide position

thheng71 said:
How abt the angle of the flash which angle should i fix at. Pls advise.

THks n RGds

erm, that depends entirely on yourself. ;)
you can bounce it upwards, 60 degrees, to the left or to the right (if the flash allow swivel and tilt) ;)

Hi,
Well this flash head can tilt at variable positions from 0deg ~ 90deg with click stop at every 15deg.
For example if I want to take shoot during dark sky(ard 8pm in the nite) enviroment with landscape + portrait. What is the angle of the flash head should I set. Pls advise. THks.

thheng71 said:
Hi,
Well this flash head can tilt at variable positions from 0deg ~ 90deg with click stop at every 15deg.
For example if I want to take shoot during dark sky(ard 8pm in the nite) enviroment with landscape + portrait. What is the angle of the flash head should I set. Pls advise. THks.

i believe it really depends on what u are trying to capture, just the foreground only? or fg+bg? it also depends on are there any other light sources around? or solely relying on the flash output and etc...

i would strongly suggest you to experiment on your own, cos a different situation requires different solutions... :dunno:

and its always better to have a feel of it yourself, no hard and fast rule here. :D maybe some of the more pros might be able to give better advice. =)

THks!
Well...I have try it myself @ home. At different flash head angle it produce different results.
THks again for the valuable advise.

thheng71 said:
THks!
Well...I have try it myself @ home. At different flash head angle it produce different results.
THks again for the valuable advise.

yep, exactly what i am trying to say. :thumbsup:
have fun with your flash! :bsmilie:

Hi SFTH,
THks! :thumbsup:

Dear Pple,
Does anyone know wat's the meaning of W1, N, S & T? How should I set this switch. Pls advise.

THks n RGds

thheng71 said:
Hi SFTH,
THks! :thumbsup:

Dear Pple,
Does anyone know wat's the meaning of W1, N, S & T? How should I set this switch. Pls advise.

THks n RGds

The flash head can zoom, right?
So if the head zoom at W1, then the switch at W1, if zoom at T, then the
switch at T, hope I am right.

donchua said:
The flash head can zoom, right?
So if the head zoom at W1, then the switch at W1, if zoom at T, then the
switch at T, hope I am right.

Well... the flash head can slide in n out in 3 position(N, S & T). Manual shows that 35mm lens @ N, 50mm lens, S & 85mm lens @ T & lastly 28mm lens is somehow for N + Diffuser(W1) which I dun quite understand. As for my cam is stated Olympus Len AF zoom 6.3 ~ 63mm 1:2.8 ~3.7 so which should I set.
Pls advise.

THks N RGds

Status
Not open for further replies.