Need help

Melvintan244

May 30, 2011
Recently get a 18-200 lens from forum.
When I turn it mayb half way the turnin feel not so smooth. Isit any spolit?
Or it like tat.

Can you please, for everyone's sake, give more details? For example, specifically what lens? There are many 18-200 out there.

Next, go to a showroom or shop that has that lens, and then ask to see the lens and test it.

Recently get a 18-200 lens from forum.
When I turn it mayb half way the turnin feel not so smooth. Isit any spolit?
What are you turning? The zoom ring or the focus ring? Your first contact for such questions is the Service Center of your lens maker .. what is it, actually? A more speaking thread title would also be beneficial to other people so that they can see in one line what your thread is about.

Last edited:
Rashkae said:
Can you please, for everyone's sake, give more details? For example, specifically what lens? There are many 18-200 out there.

Next, go to a showroom or shop that has that lens, and then ask to see the lens and test it.

FERRARI 18-200mm f/1 lolx

Actually, I wanna give a shot answering TS. Give it a try and point ur lens downwards then zoom in, does it still feels tight, then point the lens upwards and do the same again, do u feel the tightness again?

If it's no then yes, then it's normal. Super zoom lens tend to have this issue. Use gravity to zoom will help.