Not open for further replies.

fans5566

Deregistered
Jun 29, 2004
Jurong
www.5566starland.com
Dear All Experts ....

Need your help on this. !!! Hope anyone who know can reply me Thanks

Is there any shops out there who will loan out camera len - which will fit Minotla Camera Dynax 400 . how are the charges??

Zoom Lens of up to 500mm or above.

If do not have anyone know where can buy lens which are cheap.

And what are the pricing like??

Thank You for your help.!!!

Dear All Experts ....

Is there any shops out there who will loan out camera len - which will fit Minotla Camera Dynax 400 . how are the charges??

fans5566 said:
ok ...so can any one help me on this thanks

Well, I assume you are a fan of 5566 - pretty obvious. Any good lens of this nature is easily 4 figure $1XXX. In addition, at such focal length you will need a reasonably good monopod to hold your lens up for sharp pics as you will be subjected to 'handshake' ( need to spend more $$$ ). These lens are 'huge' and heavy by nature :sweat: . My advice to you is get closer to your subject with your existing zoom. Moreover, under what kind of lighting conditon will you be taking the pics ? Indoor ? or Outdoor ?

Well, if you are loaded with $$$, then just buy it off the shelf of the camera shops :D

fans5566 said:
Dear All Experts ....

Zoom lens up to 500mm? at the long range the quality will become almost unacceptable.

I do not loan out camera lenses, but if you want to borrow some of my lenses you are welcome, I have a 50mm, 100mm macro, 400mm, 28-85, 28-135, 70-210.

Just don't spoild it :D

AhV said:
Well, I assume you are a fan of 5566 - pretty obvious. Any good lens of this nature is easily 4 figure $1XXX. In addition, at such focal length you will need a reasonably good monopod to hold your lens up for sharp pics as you will be subjected to 'handshake' ( need to spend more $$$ ). These lens are 'huge' and heavy by nature :sweat: . My advice to you is get closer to your subject with your existing zoom. Moreover, under what kind of lighting conditon will you be taking the pics ? Indoor ? or Outdoor ?

Well, if you are loaded with $$$, then just buy it off the shelf of the camera shops :D

Joke lah ..... a 500mm fixed lens of good quality cost easily 5 figure ....

A simple 50-500mm zoom cost $1600++ ....

blurblock said:
Joke lah ..... a 500mm fixed lens of good quality cost easily 5 figure ....

A simple 50-500mm zoom cost $1600++ ....

Thanks for clarifying my post, bro.... I was NOT suggesting the fixed lens :D Only the latter ..... I doubt he/ she will buy a prime lens at 5 figure to take 5566 ??? :bsmilie:

AhV said:
Thanks for clarifying my post, bro.... I was NOT suggesting the fixed lens :D Only the latter ..... I doubt he/ she will buy a prime lens at 5 figure to take 5566 ??? :bsmilie:

A good Quality Zoom one cost even more :D .......

You can try n check the 2nd hand shops.. some sell the 500mm mirror lens..light n cheap..

AhV said:

It is for concert use.....my lens now using is up to 210mm

blurblock said:
Zoom lens up to 500mm? at the long range the quality will become almost unacceptable.

I do not loan out camera lenses, but if you want to borrow some of my lenses you are welcome, I have a 50mm, 100mm macro, 400mm, 28-85, 28-135, 70-210.

Just don't spoild it :D

Oh thanks .... but sorry what you mean by the quality unacceptable ???

Then if want borrow your 400mm lens how much do you charge ???

:)

fans5566 said:

Well, in personal view, Zoom lens above 250mm seems to potray low contrast, high flare. Can't really blame the lens as it is actually pushing the limit of magnification, for an item, the bigger you magnify, the lower the quality.

I don't charge to borrow my lens, but you will have to put a $400 deposit and will return every single cent to you when you return my lens in the original condition. The $400 deposit is just to make sure you don't run away with my lens :D . If you do not have $400, you could always leave an item which is of use and of equal value. :D

fans5566 said:

Well, in personal view, Zoom lens above 250mm seems to potray low contrast, high flare. Can't really blame the lens as it is actually pushing the limit of magnification, for an item, the bigger you magnify, the lower the quality. With Zoom lens, there are more elements in between and the lost of quality is even more.

I don't charge to borrow my lens, but you will have to put a $400 deposit and will return every single cent to you when you return my lens in the original condition. The $400 deposit is just to make sure you don't run away with my lens :D . If you do not have $400, you could always leave an item which is of use and of equal value. :D

blurblock said:
Well, in personal view, Zoom lens above 250mm seems to potray low contrast, high flare. Can't really blame the lens as it is actually pushing the limit of magnification, for an item, the bigger you magnify, the lower the quality. With Zoom lens, there are more elements in between and the lost of quality is even more.

a very kind and helpful person indeed.Bravo/

Wow you lend a 400 prime out for just a $400 deposit? :bigeyes:
What lens is it exactly?

Stoned said:
Wow you lend a 400 prime out for just a $400 deposit? :bigeyes:
What lens is it exactly?

Sigma Telephoto 400mm f/5.6 (77mm filter) APO HSM Macro Autofocus Lens for Minolta .....

Selling for USD$700 at Bhphoto :)........ :D ...... I normally forgot what is my damage on the lens.

Come to think of it ..... due to Stoned information ..... ok it shall be $700 Deposit (don't want to bother to convert from USD to Sing Dollar)... :D

blurblock said:
Sigma Telephoto 400mm f/5.6 (77mm filter) APO HSM Macro Autofocus Lens for Minolta .....

Selling for USD$700 at Bhphoto :)........ :D ...... I normally forgot what is my damage on the lens.

Come to think of it ..... due to Stoned information ..... ok it shall be $700 Deposit (don't want to bother to convert from USD to Sing Dollar)... :D

Thanks alot of your help ... i need the camera @ 11 December. is there anyway to contact you on this??
my name is tony.. handphone no. 9873 5566

fans5566 said:
Thanks alot of your help ... i need the camera @ 11 December. is there anyway to contact you on this??

Actually i had a Zoom up to 200mm but .... the stage is in an very strange way then need a very far zoom cos in it is exactly the same stage during 5566 taiwan concert and most of the reporters is standing at the end ot the stage to take picture ...

is there any comment on where is the best view for taking photos??

seh_jungiery04.jpg

fans5566 said:

Camera? I tot you only needed the lens :confused: ...... 11 Dec ..... I may go overseas .... I may need the lens then to take wildlife .......

Status
Not open for further replies.