Need Help

jputera

Dec 3, 2009
Hi all,
a newbie here. i remember seeing a thread by a fabulous CS member who shoot thai model. i really love his works. and there is one of his threads describing his workflow. i'm trying to find that thread but could not remember the CS member's name or the title of the thread. i remember one of the model's name is just J (or is it M??). could somebody help me find the thread? i've tried the search menu but to no avail.

thanks a lot guys,
JP Tan

Hi, did'nt know shooting model got a workflow...oh you mean getting the model into the mood for the shoot.:)My best suggestion is get a book on model photography or watch youtube tutorials.I have no experience here but I guess it's common sense applied.From what I have read on this subject,there is some basic steps that must exist before a successful "shoot".These are the secrets of the trade...

1. Explain your intentions about what you want to achieve photographically.Show some pictorial or example.

2. Establish trust between you (the photographer ) and subject.This means you will put the subjects' interests as first priority.Making subject comfortable physically and environmentally (location).Assure that subject will be photographed in the best possible light and appearence.in short make subject attractive and beautiful in the context of the theme of the shoot.In short convey to subject about
your competence in photography which will engender confidence in you.This will make subject look natural.

3.Composing well like using the rule of thirds.Most important of all try to form the C and S shape with the subject's hands,legs,shoulders and body.This will look pleasing to the subject's form and to the eye.I leave this as an exercise for you to find out what this means.Never
shoot straight on full frontal,subject will look boring,you want life to come out of the subject unless you are shooting the product that subject is wearing. Goodluck.Also notice how much C and S shapes you see as examples here in CS picture galleries (not much or not pronounced enough).

PS. Also remember a model can be a subject but a subject is not necessary a model or can be.

Last edited:
Hi all,
a newbie here. i remember seeing a thread by a fabulous CS member who shoot thai model. i really love his works. and there is one of his threads describing his workflow. i'm trying to find that thread but could not remember the CS member's name or the title of the thread. i remember one of the model's name is just J (or is it M??). could somebody help me find the thread? i've tried the search menu but to no avail.

thanks a lot guys,
JP Tan

Are you refering to this?

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/799546-Zec-Work-Workflow-In-A-Glance