need help..

soerwu

Sep 16, 2009
Singapore
Hi all CS-ers.
I need some help.
How to track the camera?
My camera bag have been stolen @ KLCC kuala lumpur malaysia.
All my camera, lenses and flash has gone.
Any chance for my camera back to me?
:(:cry:

this is the list of my gear
1 nikon D300s with serial number 8018575
1 lowerpro fastpack 200
1 nikkor lens 85mm F/1.8 AF with serial number : 2009326
1 tamron lens 17-50 F/2.8 built in motor, non VC with serial number : 069935
1 flash SB-600, but i forgot the serial number already.
1 velbon tripod, but forgot what type.

Sorry if i got a bad grammar.

Last edited:
If you have the serial numbers of the equipment, you can post it on the forums in the region (eg clubsnap, photomalaysia). Forum members in the buy & sell sections can help keep a lookout.

yes, i got the serial number.
it is 8018575.
thanks for your help bro.

Maybe you can ask admin of the forum to put it as a sticky on the buy sell section so that people will be reminded frequently when browsing the buy/Sell threads

Oh yes, you should also list down the equipment model so that the public will know what to look out for

soerwu said:
Hi all CS-ers.
I need some help.
How to track the camera?

my camera serial number is 8018575

Sorry for your lost. I hate to say it but chances of you getting your stuff back, less than 10%. but hope is not lost, pray hard and one day it might appear in front of you again :)

Sorry for your lost. I hate to say it but chances of you getting your stuff back, less than 10%. but hope is not lost, pray hard and one day it might appear in front of you again :)

thanks for you concern bro.
yes, what i must do is just pray.

Oh yes, you should also list down the equipment model so that the public will know what to look out for

did i need to write it down here and ask the admin to put it as sticky?

did i need to write it down here and ask the admin to put it as sticky?

There's a lost camera registry at the consumer corner but honestly, I think the chances of getting your gears back are very slim

There's a lost camera registry at the consumer corner but honestly, I think the chances of getting your gears back are very slim

Hi bro spree86, sorry for the wrong room.
I really dunno whr to write it.
Yeah, I know that the chances is really slim. But that's the only thing I can do, beside praying.

Hi bro spree86, sorry for the wrong room.
I really dunno whr to write it.
Yeah, I know that the chances is really slim. But that's the only thing I can do, beside praying.

No need to apologise, i'm just informing you of the section:) All the best to you!!

Hi all CS-ers.
I need some help.
How to track the camera?

my camera serial number is 8018575

Got buy insurance when you travel there? Can claim from insurance company?

Sorry Soerwu about your loss. We pray and hope together with you. All the advice that you get so far are very logical and good. Buying insurance is important but can you give us an idea on how they were stolen. This would help remind us to avoid/minimize such a situation. I know this may sound like ridiculous request...

Sorry Soerwu about your loss. We pray and hope together with you. All the advice that you get so far are very logical and good. Buying insurance is important but can you give us an idea on how they were stolen. This would help remind us to avoid/minimize such a situation. I know this may sound like ridiculous request...

hmm yup i think its a good idea, so that others can prevent it from happening again when they are shooting at Klcc or other places =)

im sorry about ur lost too,.. hope you will get the back =)

May be you could explain more how your camera stolen. In toilet? people grab it? you left it behind? etc etc..
KLCC should have many CCTV so if you know where you lost it. Ask KLCC security to check for you as they have access to all CCTV record. You might so lucky to saw that "face", then go ahead for police report and trace that guy instead of serial number.. About thousand of camera selling per months, I don't think if anyone could go and monitor those serial number. Cheers~

May be you could explain more how your camera stolen. In toilet? people grab it? you left it behind? etc etc..
KLCC should have many CCTV so if you know where you lost it. Ask KLCC security to check for you as they have access to all CCTV record. You might so lucky to saw that "face", then go ahead for police report and trace that guy instead of serial number.. About thousand of camera selling per months, I don't think if anyone could go and monitor those serial number. Cheers~

Add up on this... Not only CCTV of KLCC but those jewellery shop la, money changer shop la.. They all have CCTV installed in front their shop.. If you know where or when.. Easy to work out.

Got buy insurance when you travel there? Can claim from insurance company?

actually I'm from indonesia, and usually the insurance company only can claim if something happen with ur flight.
and i also don't have any travel insurance.

yes KYFoong, I also want to remind u to be really careful. Especially when u around KLCC twin towers, malaysia. there hv so many crime already.

I've seen the cctv, but their face is quite "blur".
I have report the police, but the don't really take respond of my situation.
and also got the police report already.

ok, that time I was sitting in front of ZARA shop @ the lower ground. I'm going with my fam. so I sit in the middle of them and my bag was behind me. just a second i put my bag, somebody stole it. and i realized right away, but i can't see the one who stole my bag.