Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

burnaway

Feb 6, 2004
SengKang
Hi i having problem with scenary photo .When i sent to the foto developing shop they told me that my photo colours burst especially on the (red) side :cry: .
i'm usin D70 ,custom curves - wedd white colour mode :mode IIIa (sRBG)
Hue '0' sharpen and satur normal. Is this cause by the custom curve or other setting. :bigeyes: :bigeyes: Please help.

f7d7d6b0.jpg.orig.jpg

f7d7d671.jpg.orig.jpg

Red

burnaway said:
Huh? try again :sweat:

Why not try again using pbase.com? Have free 30-days trial accounts, 10MB limit.

Tell us your settings too, like spot or matrix metering, any exposure compensation. Very unlikely the individual channels got burnt esp with matrix (it sees colours). The cam usually (or intentionally) underexposes at 0EV compensation but this is consistent.

2100 said:
Why not try again using pbase.com? Have free 30-days trial accounts, 10MB limit.

Tell us your settings too, like spot or matrix metering, any exposure compensation. Very unlikely the individual channels got burnt esp with matrix (it sees colours). The cam usually (or intentionally) underexposes at 0EV compensation but this is consistent.
i using matrix metering on exposure com 1/800 f/13

original.jpg

31372175.jpg

Red
31372173.jpg

green
31372171.jpg

blue

Wow, i'd advise you to go to a proper lab like Grace Digital or KTDi.

Where the hull is clipping of the red channel? Use levels in PS and look at the red channel (press CTRL-L). Still got so much space to the right! Your general details start at around 200 or so, still far from 255. It is nearly 1 stop underexposed, the lab will surely compensate when they print.

Next time if you intend to print, use aRGB and send to lab, then convert later using batch for monitor viewing. :)

2100 said:
Wow, i'd advise you to go to a proper lab like Grace Digital or KTDi.

Where the hull is clipping of the red channel? Use levels in PS and look at the red channel (press CTRL-L). Still got so much space to the right! Your general details start at around 200 or so, still far from 255. It is nearly 1 stop underexposed, the lab will surely compensate when they print.

Next time if you intend to print, use aRGB and send to lab, then convert later using batch for monitor viewing. :)

Actually normally i am using auto level in PS . is it advisable
31373437.jpg

burnaway said:
Actually normally i am using auto level in PS . is it advisable[/IMG]

Nope. Just press CTRL L and pull the sliders manually yourself. :) That is for monitor viewing. If you are going to print it, don't have to do anything, just send it in.

2100 said:
Nope. Just press CTRL L and pull the sliders manually yourself. :) That is for monitor viewing. If you are going to print it, don't have to do anything, just send it in.

Thanks 2100 :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.