Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon

Mar 12, 2004
CCK
Guys, I saw this pretty and tiny yellow flowers (about 15cm high) growing out of a concrete bridge near my work place.
Been trying to capture it several times but never had any good results. Would like to hear suggestion on how to bring out the feeling of a pretty natural tiny thing surrounded by large man made concrete structure :dunno:

Below are several of my tries

flower.jpg

flower1.jpg

Thanks in advance

oh occasionaly it will bloom (first pic) or not (2nd pic)

First pic was done on film, second one with digital :)

not sure if this is feasible but anyway, it's just my 2 cents.

perhaps a macro shot from the bottom of the plant up and with a higher building beside.

it may give the kind of feeling that a tiny plant is fighting for survival in a concrete jungle. :)

do a series
a few macro shots on the plant
final shot on plant and environment...something like the first pic.

this will give people a sense of surprise. :D

Thanks antere. going to try it the next time i have the chance. Just worried if i go to low, won't be able to show the base where it grows out of hard tile.

Nice idea Khairi, would be a nice project to make a series but currently I'm looking for a single angle that would capture the whole idea

Thank you for the suggestions...

Would love to hear more :)

Upz..........

I think antere's idea could work if you shoot with a very wide lens...say 24 or mayb 18...b/w might work...Hmm...

fisheye??? leave ya camp on the floor...AF...take.....from the floor see a flower sprout out effect is good..

Witness said:
fisheye??? leave ya camp on the floor...AF...take.....from the floor see a flower sprout out effect is good..

:thumbsup: Sounds promising... the only problem is I only have 28-80 lens :embrass:

with the plant at such a low level...with a 28mm...it will be tricky...but worth the experiment if you want to.

Umm, you can pluck the flower, then all your worries will go away... ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.