Need help

Blackinn

Feb 21, 2010
Hi, i am a newbie looking to upgrade to a SLR.
I am not really into professional shooting but wanted nice and good pictures.
I need advice on what brand and model would be a good choice and do they have installments plans???
I have shaky hand also , i am not sure what camera will be suitable for me i am also looking at a budget of not more than $1500 also.

If you have shaky hands, you need stabilisation. With your budget it is best that you get a dslr with in body stabilisation.

I will recommend you the Pentax Kx with in body stabilisation.

Terrific upper entry level dslr with reasonable cost.

$1500 can get you the camera body, a 18-55 mm kit lens, a 50-200mm kit lens for $900.

You will still have $600 left to buy example a tripod, dry cabinet etc etc accessories.

Welcome to CS :) Do some leg work & go to the shops & have a feel of the camera in your hands & ask questions. Also read up on reviews of the particular model that you think interests you. Narrow down your search before committing yourself

Welcome to CS :)

Most reputable stores hv installment plans (though price wise with be few % more on top of the cash price u expect to pay)

Do read up about popular models most major brands offer (Nikon, Canon, Sony, Pentax etc...) and do a comparsion analysis, balancing ur needs against ur budget..

welcome to Clubsnap.

The choices for a DSLR are bewildering at the moment. It would be impossible to narrow them down.
If you value image stabilisation, make sure the camera (or lens) has stabilisation. Each brand calls it by a different name (eg. Nikon:VR, Canon:IS, Panasonic:OIS, etc)
Nikon and Canon implement stabilisation in the lenses. Sony, Olympus, Pentax, etc implement stabilisation in the camera body itself. Which one is better, read up for yourself and form your own conclusion.

All I can do is make a recommendation.
Probably the best bang-for-your-buck camera at the moment is the Pentax K-x. Low on price and high on features. Give that a serious thought.
Do you have any brand preference?

Welcome to CS !

Happy camera hunting !

my friend actually recommended me the canon 550d but it will only comes out in April???
I am also looking at canon but no model specific yet.

Don't blindly look at a brand/model unless you have a specific reason why.
When 550D comes out it will likely be priced close to RRP. Unless it is FAR more wonderful than anything else in that price bracket (which I doubt), there's not much point waiting right? Best to get a camera ASAP and start taking good photos, don't you agree?

If your family members or close pals also have a Canon camera, that's a different matter altogether. Maybe you have the opportunity to share lenses or accessories. That might make the difference.

Given today's technology, all DSLRs regardless of brands will be able to give you good pictures if you used them correctly.

All Sony & Pentax and some Olympus cameras have build in stabilisers which is useful.

You can consider the Sony A500/A550, Pentax K-x/K7, Olympus E-620.

Do try them in your hands in the shops to see which is more comfortable to you. If the camera is not comfortable to your hands, you would not likely to be using it as much as you would like to. Do play around with the settings to see if the user interface is acceptable to you as well.

Happy shopping and hope you'll get your cam soon. :)

okie after much research i have finally decided to get a canon 500d DSLR but any 1 haf any gd place to buy them?? i haf a problem with cash too need to pay by installments and i look at the canon website :
EOS 500D body

15.1mp, 3.4fps, 3", HD Movie, D4, Live view, ICS

$1,199.00

$1,099.00

SD 8GB card, EOS Bag** & EOS 500D User Guide
(Purchase-with-purchase of Speedlite 270EX @ $119, Usual $239)

so does it mean that if i buy this camera and it shld not cost more than whats shown here right??