Need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yehosaphat

Oct 28, 2005
North
Dear all, just came back from a trip after taking tons of photos. When I tried to plug in my CF card into my card reader, I got the following error on my PC:

G:\ is not accessible. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.

Aargh... anything i can do to salvage the photos?? I have tried different USB ports, different card readers, all cannot work...

Thanks in advance.

Can your camera still view the photo in playback? If yes, try connect camera direct to your PC via USB and upload direct

Can your camera still view the photo in playback? If yes, try connect camera direct to your PC via USB and upload direct

If this too fail, seek professional help... This is the danger of saving all into one card
Good luck

If this too fail, seek professional help... This is the danger of saving all into one card
Good luck

Thanks all for your comments. Will try connecting direct. For the professional help what do you mean by professional help?

Try data recovery software. For example 'Sandisk card recovery Pro'. If this still fails , then u will have to look up the professionals to recover your data.

Thanks all for your comments. Will try connecting direct. For the professional help what do you mean by professional help?
Companies specialized in data recovery. Not cheap, though. It finally depends on what you are willing to spend to get to recovered.

Save money. Use a good recovery software and DIY the recovery process.

There is a simple solution run your computer in safe mode with usb ports and then connect your card reader....you will see your whole data and then copy that to the safe place....

Reactions: catchlights
Dear yehosaphat,

have you managed to recover your data? did you try recovermyfiles software as i do have it handy if anything happens to my memory cards.

if all else fails and the data is really crucial to you, maybe you can consider bringing your drive to Data Savers Pte Ltd - Seagate Data Recovery Services http://www.datasavers.com.sg .. They recovered my data several years back in 2006 or 2007... can't remember too long.. Hahaha

Dear all, just came back from a trip after taking tons of photos. When I tried to plug in my CF card into my card reader, I got the following error on my PC:

G:\ is not accessible. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.

Aargh... anything i can do to salvage the photos?? I have tried different USB ports, different card readers, all cannot work...

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.