Need Help!!

Samuel1809

May 1, 2012
Hi everyone, I need some help. I recently bought a 18-250mm lens for my Sony a33, but i notice that most of my photo have a lot of noise. The picture taken with this lens is worse then my kit lens. What wrong??? Can some one help me and give mi some pointer?

You get into a taxi, you tell the driver, drive me home!
driver ask where's your house?
I don't know, but just take me home.
Does it make sense?

Hi everyone, I need some help. I recently bought a 18-250mm lens for my Sony a33, but i notice that most of my photo have a lot of noise. The picture taken with this lens is worse then my kit lens. What wrong??? Can some one help me and give mi some pointer?
technically, digital noise on images is due to using high ISO, long exposure setting or underexposure, nothing to do with the lens.

best you post some images with exif intact for us to diagnose the cause.

I think you need to upload a sample picture for us to see. If you're blaming noise on the lens... You have a lot to learn, young padawan.

Chances are, you were shooting at 250mm, and needed a faster shutter speed. Assuming you're already at f/5.6, you then can only boost ISO. Higher ISO = more noise.

I think you need to go learn some of the basics.

what exposure mode are you on? A, P, S, M or just AUTO?

what ISO mode are you on? Manual or Auto?

also..

also remember. Anakin was called "Young Padawan" by Obiwan Kenobi and he turned to the Dark Side in the end :bsmilie:

will TS ditch the robes of the Jedi and fall to the Sith? stay tuned.... :bsmilie:

Hi TS, I suggest you to do more research and build up your fundamental for Aperture, Shutter Speed & ISO.

Bro, a photo with exif information would go a long way for any of us to help.

But from what I gather (I might be wrong though), your kit lens is a 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 and the 18-250mm had an aperture rating of f3.5-6.3.

So when you are shooting at anywhere near the maximum zoom, the aperture would be close to around f6.3, thus naturally you need to up your ISO and if it was in auto mode, your ISO will automatically be 'up' and so it will introduce more noise to your pic if you are shooting at 55mm f5.6.

ISO

lenses don't generate noise...at least not those on photos....

a pic with the exif pic and lots of ppl can tell u what's wrong

Thanks everyone

Last edited: