Need help with using Benro BH-00 ball head

Status
Not open for further replies.

cedric

Aug 27, 2007
Hello everyone,

I just got my new Benro tripod with a BH-00 head, but have difficulty figuring out how to use the ball head.

Can anyone please tell me how I can take panoramic pictures with the ball head (panning)? The BH-00 comes with a single knob design: I need to loosen the knob to pan, but loosening it also loosens the ball friction and my camera droops. :dunno:

ball head works this way... there's a 3 way pan head.. maybe that's e one u're looking for..

Get the benro KB, KS or KJ series... got a separate knobs for panning...... :thumbsup:

Hello everyone,

I just got my new Benro tripod with a BH-00 head, but have difficulty figuring out how to use the ball head.

Can anyone please tell me how I can take panoramic pictures with the ball head (panning)? The BH-00 comes with a single knob design: I need to loosen the knob to pan, but loosening it also loosens the ball friction and my camera droops. :dunno:

Hi cedric,

I use the BH-0, which is of similar design as BH-00. For this design of head, loosen the single knob only slightly so as to allow ball movement but also maintaining a level of friction (enough not to let your camera/lens drop). With some practice, you should do fine. However, do watch out for the horizon leveling as you pan.

There are of course other head design, should you later find BH-00 not appropriate for your shooting style/interest area.

Thanks everyone for the helpful replies! :)

Looks like I'll have to try playing the with the ball friction via the single knob... if it becomes a hindrance to taking panoramics then I'll have to start looking for a new head. :sweat:

Thanks everyone for the helpful replies! :)

Looks like I'll have to try playing the with the ball friction via the single knob... if it becomes a hindrance to taking panoramics then I'll have to start looking for a new head. :sweat:

if you're taking flat panos during day time, it can be done hand held. below is an example. fully handheld. Fort Canning.

flat_panowall1_post.jpg

Most have the perception that you need a panning head to take panos. it is wrong but if it works, no one really cares i guess. A pan head is as it's name suggest, a pan head that pans the camera body. A proper pano image (an equirectangular image) can be attain by getting a pano head. It prevents parallax errors and ease your stitching later. The main difference of a pano head is it pans around the nodal point of your lens and not the camera's body regardless of the camera body used.

See some links on my sig for examples.

alternatively, fix the ball head then turn tripod's centre column when panning

Status
Not open for further replies.