Need help with these

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxfire

Jan 18, 2002
Visit site
Need help with the composition of these 2 pictures other than them being too overly exposed. I just thought they do not look right. It was a very very very hot day at the Sembawang beach.
(PS. Thought of putting it in the critique corner but guidelines say 1 picture :) )

boat1.jpg

boat2.jpg

Hi foxfire,

One very obvious flaw is the horizon. It should be kept leveled unless intentionally made slanted for artistic purpose. Otherwise a slanted horizon really looks unnatural and spoils the whole pic. Secondly, I think the shots are overexposed as they look washed out. As far as composition, I think your subject is the boat, so the 1st shot is the better one, but I would move it slightly up and to the right to place the boat around the cross point of the thirds...

Hope that helps ;)

Originally posted by ziploc
Hi foxfire,

One very obvious flaw is the horizon. It should be kept leveled unless intentionally made slanted for artistic purpose. Otherwise a slanted horizon really looks unnatural and spoils the whole pic. Secondly, I think the shots are overexposed as they look washed out. As far as composition, I think your subject is the boat, so the 1st shot is the better one, but I would move it slightly up and to the right to place the boat around the cross point of the thirds...

Hope that helps ;)

Oh okay. Thanks. The horizon was not slanted for artistic reasons, probably the tripod was sinking into the sand. :D I did ponder when I took the picture if I should have kept the horizon straight. Maybe the hot sun fried my brain and shot every one of them with a slanted horizon. Thanks again.

One more question, you people don't work or study? The replies were fast, very fast. :what:

Originally posted by foxfire

One more question, you people don't work or study? The replies were fast, very fast. :what:

heheh... that is a trade secret. We will have to kill you if we told you about it. :D :bsmilie:

Hint: I am an answering bot... hahaha :D

Originally posted by ziploc

heheh... that is a trade secret. We will have to kill you if we told you about it. :D :bsmilie:

Hint: I am an answering bot... hahaha :D

You win. :)

Originally posted by Bluestrike

Hey that my trade mark speech!

/me kokz bluestrike. It's mine! :D

besides the horizon ......the composition is not bad......take more shots......post it here....

The first pic nice... But the bottom of the boat a bit chop off... print the put a little higher with the rules of the third (as mentioned by others) will be helpful... Well, the beach may no be levelled with the horizon... so maybe the tripod isn't sinking, just the ground is not levelled...

well maybe if the picture was taken with polariser it may turn out nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.