Need help with these


Status
Not open for further replies.

foxfire

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
65
0
0
Visit site
#1
Need help with the composition of these 2 pictures other than them being too overly exposed. I just thought they do not look right. It was a very very very hot day at the Sembawang beach.
(PS. Thought of putting it in the critique corner but guidelines say 1 picture :) )



 

ziploc

New Member
Jan 17, 2002
4,576
0
0
Snoopyland
#3
Hi foxfire,

One very obvious flaw is the horizon. It should be kept leveled unless intentionally made slanted for artistic purpose. Otherwise a slanted horizon really looks unnatural and spoils the whole pic. Secondly, I think the shots are overexposed as they look washed out. As far as composition, I think your subject is the boat, so the 1st shot is the better one, but I would move it slightly up and to the right to place the boat around the cross point of the thirds...

Hope that helps ;)
 

foxfire

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
65
0
0
Visit site
#4
Originally posted by ziploc
Hi foxfire,

One very obvious flaw is the horizon. It should be kept leveled unless intentionally made slanted for artistic purpose. Otherwise a slanted horizon really looks unnatural and spoils the whole pic. Secondly, I think the shots are overexposed as they look washed out. As far as composition, I think your subject is the boat, so the 1st shot is the better one, but I would move it slightly up and to the right to place the boat around the cross point of the thirds...

Hope that helps ;)
Oh okay. Thanks. The horizon was not slanted for artistic reasons, probably the tripod was sinking into the sand. :D I did ponder when I took the picture if I should have kept the horizon straight. Maybe the hot sun fried my brain and shot every one of them with a slanted horizon. Thanks again.

One more question, you people don't work or study? The replies were fast, very fast. :what:
 

ziploc

New Member
Jan 17, 2002
4,576
0
0
Snoopyland
#5
Originally posted by foxfire

One more question, you people don't work or study? The replies were fast, very fast. :what:
heheh... that is a trade secret. We will have to kill you if we told you about it. :D :bsmilie:

Hint: I am an answering bot... hahaha :D
 

foxfire

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
65
0
0
Visit site
#6
Originally posted by ziploc


heheh... that is a trade secret. We will have to kill you if we told you about it. :D :bsmilie:

Hint: I am an answering bot... hahaha :D
You win. :)
 

Fundee

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
727
0
0
UP NORTH
Visit site
#9
besides the horizon ......the composition is not bad......take more shots......post it here....
 

Flare

New Member
Jan 24, 2002
1,734
0
0
36
Bukit Batok West Avenue 2
public.fotki.com
#10
The first pic nice... But the bottom of the boat a bit chop off... print the put a little higher with the rules of the third (as mentioned by others) will be helpful... Well, the beach may no be levelled with the horizon... so maybe the tripod isn't sinking, just the ground is not levelled...
 

eadwine

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
1,937
0
0
38
east side
#11
well maybe if the picture was taken with polariser it may turn out nice.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom