Need help with the battery...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashwin

Jan 30, 2005
Singapore
submit.shutterstock.com
Hi guys, i am a newbie here and this is my first thread.
I recently brought a Canon 300D DSLR camera :)
It came with a free battery, Model : Canon 1390mAh (BP-514).
I am already using a 1100mAh battery now.
So ya can anyone tell me how many pics can i take with a fully charged 1390mAh (50% with and 50% without flash)?? :think:
and is it necessary for me to carry both the batterys when i go overseas for abt 3 weeks?? :confused:

Thanks

Ashwin said:
So ya can anyone tell me how many pics can i take with a fully charged 1390mAh (50% with and 50% without flash)?? :think:
and is it necessary for me to carry both the batterys when i go overseas for abt 3 weeks?? :confused:

Thanks

No experience with the batteries but it's always advisable to carry spare batteries on overseas trip. At least if one battery is not working or lost (touch wood), you have a spare :)

Ashwin said:

Thanks

not exactly very pro with the technical aspect of the batteries but agree with kei... bring extra... confirm need one. 3 weeks leh...

Bring all your batteries.
In digital photography, the 1st fear is "no battery", the 2nd fear is "no memory card".

Ashwin said:
Thanks

Those proprietary Canon batteries used in DSLR and prosumers, apart from Canon brand, are there 3rd party brand as well? Any recommendation on the brands?

jeffhiew said:
Those proprietary Canon batteries used in DSLR and prosumers, apart from Canon brand, are there 3rd party brand as well? Any recommendation on the brands?

You can try eastgear batteries at Pen. Plaza

Astin said:
Bring all your batteries.
In digital photography, the 1st fear is "no battery", the 2nd fear is "no memory card".

totally agree wif u astin. hahaha.... irony man... :dunno: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.