need help with olympus c750UZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

synergy9

Apr 25, 2004
hi

recently purchased a olympus c750uz
bought a kenko tcon and wcon lens and an olympus lens adaptor (downsizes the lens thread)
however the image isnt sharp and there is lots of vignetting when i use the additional lens..
is it due to the lens problem (lousy lens) or is it my camera problem?

can anyone recommend me a good tcon and wcon and also a macro lens?
or should i get a lens adaptor that upsizes?

thanks

The kenko lenses SUCKS, period. That should explain your image quality problem.

You should use Olympus' add on lenses instead, such as the TCON-17, WCON-07 & WCON-08.

sigh
yeah it really really sucks..
when i zoom to the max the image isnt even sharp at all!
it looks super out of focus.. sigh..

is there an upsize lens adaptor for the c750uz?

and is there an olympus macro lens?

thanks!

tao said:
The kenko lenses SUCKS, period. That should explain your image quality problem.

You should use Olympus' add on lenses instead, such as the TCON-17, WCON-07 & WCON-08.
Agree with you on that bro. Go for the Olympus TCON & Wcon. No regrets man.

synergy9 said:
and is there an olympus macro lens?

There is. The best I know is the Olympus MCON-35 but it is quite rare since it has been discontinued. IMO, it is one of the best macro add on lens available.

You can also consider the Nikon 5T/6T, it is very good too. If you are on a budget, just get a Hoya +4 closeup filter with the right thread size that will fit your C750's lens tube.

BTW, it is a 'secret' that Olympus makes the BEST family of add-on lenses for prosumer and super-zoom digicams. Optically, their lenses are as good as it gets for the money you pay. :thumbsup:

JediForce4ever said:
Yeah...picture quality is good with the TCON-17.....however, at wide angles, vignetting is a very serious problem.....

Why do you wanna shoot wide angle when you attach a TELE-CONVERTOR to your camera? That is bewildering! :bigeyes:

synergy9 said:
hi

recently purchased a olympus c750uz
bought a kenko tcon and wcon lens and an olympus lens adaptor (downsizes the lens thread)
however the image isnt sharp and there is lots of vignetting when i use the additional lens..
is it due to the lens problem (lousy lens) or is it my camera problem?

can anyone recommend me a good tcon and wcon and also a macro lens?
or should i get a lens adaptor that upsizes?

thanks

wah.. 38-380mm equiv not enuff.. ;)

fwiw, imho good tcon and wcon cost alot. esp WRT the camera... the extra width or reach also i feel cannot really justify the price...
for closeup on the cheap, u can get those hoya close-up filter that let u focus nearly even when u zoom out...these are quite cheap and provide decent quality esp for the price...
imo if u wanna buy tcon/wcon etc etc to play maybe more worth to use a slr system.. *hint *hint e-500 ...

Status
Not open for further replies.