Need help with old equipment (PLS HELP!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

powerex

Jun 9, 2006
hey there, i am a young photographer and have my uncle gave me a set of equipment to use.
I now feel the need to progress toward using a digital SLR and would like to upgrade my equipment. Which means i either have to trade in or sell some of the older equipment to purchase an upgrade.

However, i have no knowledge about the evaluation of value of the equipment that i possess and thus would like to seek some help with honest evaluations on the value of the equipment listed below.

I feel a lot safer asking on forums instead of bringing them to a shop incase i might be shortchanged due to my lack of knowledge on the value of these equipments.

All help will be very much appreciated.

The condition of the equipment are good both aesthetically and in functionability and i would rate them on an average of 8.5/10.

Cameras :
Nikon FM Body
Nikon FM2 Body

Lens :
Nikon 35 mm, 1-2.8 prime lens
Tamron 35-80mm 2.8-5.6
Vivitar 70-210mm 4.5-5.6 (macro focusing zoom lens)

Flash :
sunpak auto zoom 3600 thyristor (side mount/big big flash!)
Metz mecablitz 28C-2 (top mount)

once again, thank you very much.

check the b&s threads for same equipment and their selling price
you can also check ebay and other auction sites

but 2nd shops will only buy at lower prices

might want to do a lil search in the marketplace of the forum you'll get a hang of the prices there.

You can narrow it to buy and sell only i the advance search section.

oh and your metz flash should require you to tell people more info about the model number etc.

good luck.

wow, thanks for the quick reply!

i did look thru the BnS forum but cant really find much useful information.
there isnt a sticky thread on pricing is there?

new stuff?

these are actually old stuff man! haha.

The Nikon price guide mentioned by ortega only lists the new stuff that can be bought from shops currently.
What you can do is list a WTS thread for each item on the B&S forum and let people bid (start with a very low bid price but put a high enough reserve price to protect yourself).

For the value that you are probably going to get... I think you are better off saving up a little longer and keeping your film gear. :)

so wat u guys are saying is that those stuff arent worth much?

well im not looking to sell it thru a bid, but i just want to knw an estimated sale value to it.
so i wont over ask nor will i be shortchanged.

can someone maybe jst list out estimated pricing to the gear if its nt too troublesome?

The problem is that it is not worth much in SG. heh. But if you take it overseas to sell, you are sure to secure a better price.

ahhh, it might be a problem for me to take it overseas la.
im jst 18yrs old and am a student.

care to share an estimation of the value for the stuff?

wow, any chance that i can get enough for a d80?

my estimate... depending on condition of course

fm - 250
fm2 - 350
35mm - 200+
tamron and vivitar - not much in sg, better luck on ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.