Need help with .NEF file.......

slipdisq

Jul 22, 2010
Singapore, Singapore
Hi guys, i really hope someone could help me with my problem. There was this one photo that i edited with captureNX(trial version) and now the trial has expired. Now i need to re-edit it in viewNX but cant! when i open that file in viewNX, all the sliders(exposure, contrast, sharpness, etc) are greyed out & cant be adjusted.

help me please!!

juz tried.. they didnt ask for email or anything and after i installed and tried to open, it said trial version with 0 days remaining.

any other solutions?

ridiculous that viewnx cannot open capturenx edited files......

Use Adobe Lightroom or Photoshop

juz tried.. they didnt ask for email or anything and after i installed and tried to open, it said trial version with 0 days remaining.

any other solutions?

ridiculous that viewnx cannot open capturenx edited files......

The trial license is tied to your computer, you can't just enter a new email and use it again.

If you like Capture NX2, u can consider to purchase the license. or move on to other photo editor/management like Photoshop CS5, Elements, Lightroom, Aperture & etc.

The trial license is tied to your computer, you can't just enter a new email and use it again.

wmayeo is right. so if you want to install the trial version again, you need to remove the software from your PC's registry.

Try downloading and installing the latest version of View NX.

Thank you all for responding!

If you like Capture NX2, u can consider to purchase the license. or move on to other photo editor/management like Photoshop CS5, Elements, Lightroom, Aperture & etc.

Unfortunately, my adobe trials have expired too...... I have been thinking of getting lightroom3 though but will it solve my problem?

Try downloading and installing the latest version of View NX.

Thanks for the suggestion, i just tried it but its still the same....

This should answer your question.

I have just tried and found out that View NX and NX2 cannot edit processed NEF file. They can only edit pre-processed NEF file. I have tried on processed file by both Capture NX and NX2.
View NX can edit jpeg file but NX2 cannot.

Unfortunately, my adobe trials have expired too...... I have been thinking of getting lightroom3 though but will it solve my problem?

Trials all have a period for you to test, end of it, you got to say bye bye. Unless you want to everytime reformat your pc and install back the software. Super tedious...

Lightroom can ease your workflow. But I don't use Lightroom as it is not my preference. I use ACR for my RAW files workflow, so I can't fully comment on your question.

There are alternatives like UFRAW and GIMP for RAW files workflow, that is open source & totally free.