Need help with layer mask

Status
Not open for further replies.

munkey

Apr 25, 2007
Calling all pros at PP work, do u have any references to help me? I dont understand how Layer masks work at all, do i apply the blur before or after adding the layer mask to the duplicated layer? Sorry ah sound so noob. Too confusing already.

thanks

Calling all pros at PP work, do u have any references to help me? I dont understand how Layer masks work at all, do i apply the blur before or after adding the layer mask to the duplicated layer? Sorry ah sound so noob. Too confusing already.

thanks
You can actually add your "blur" to the layer mask itself (select it by pressing Alt+left click on the layer mask itself). There is a tutorial here about using a layer mask for HDR, the principal is the same check it out. Hope this helps! :)

err say for a portraiture shot, i want to use a layer to blur the facial features, but dont wanna kanna the eyes and lips, eg only the nose.. how do i use the brush tool to paint her up? I give her a black eye instead..

Orh ya cos i use alot of the healing brush and clone stamp, but sometimes to even out the shadows or bg i need to use the mask.. damn difficult. sigh :( i dont understand how come the brush that paints black can be used to paint on the face for good results.. doesnt black brush on face spoil everything? lol.

:bsmilie: You paint on the mask, not on the picture itself. Need to click on the mask thumbnail (not the photo thumbnail / layer) to select it.

Have you taken a look at the link by the way?

Yes I have ! I am now officially a RETOUCH PRO! Haha, any good sources for High key portraiture? need some help on that..

Status
Not open for further replies.