Need Help With i-Cabi(Digi Cabi) DB036

Status
Not open for further replies.

wainism

Apr 15, 2004
Beeshan
hi,

just got a i-cabi, 30L from John 3:16 for $99

but then i dun quite noe how to use it, despite reading the instructions.

i plugged it in, now it shows 73% 30 deg C

it says in the instructions (under Digital Humidity Control)

to press set etc. but the thing is the digital display seems to be stuck to the glass cabinet. how do i press the "T", "H" and "C" buttons if the digital display is stuck to the glass door? :dunno:

also, (under Digital Display Series) it says pull out black tab on the digital hydrometer fo first usage. whats this black tab?

also, whats the percentage that it shd be at for cameras and lenses only?

thanks, cant wait to put my D70 in.

The "Black tab" is the piece of plastic at the battery compartment of the LCD display.
Don't need to press any buttons, inside the cabinet there is a circular knob, you just twist this either clockwise or anti-clockwise to set the humidity level.

If I am not wrong the correct humidity for cameras should 45% ~ 55%
Someone confirm this. (It should be in the manual.)

ortega said:
The "Black tab" is the piece of plastic at the battery compartment of the LCD display.
Don't need to press any buttons, inside the cabinet there is a circular knob, you just twist this either clockwise or anti-clockwise to set the humidity level.

If I am not wrong the correct humidity for cameras should 45% ~ 55%
Someone confirm this. (It should be in the manual.)

Already well explained. The black plastic tab is to cut the batt's contact connection to the meter. Remove it to use. Then fiddle with the only knob to get results! :bsmilie:

phew, thanks guys
i nearly yanked out the whole digital display!

oh another question :
there are some fins behind the cabi. issit ok if i rest them against the wall? ie. they r in contact with the wall?

Why didn't you get a 80L one? ;p

wainism said:
oh another question :
there are some fins behind the cabi. issit ok if i rest them against the wall? ie. they r in contact with the wall?

leave some space behind.

And leave it on for a day (without opening the door) to let the % settle down.
Then adjust the knob to maintain it at 45% to 55% the next day.

espn said:
Why didn't you get a 80L one? ;p

actually supposed to get a 2nd hand 50L one, but dunno WHO this month no money. so LL get a 30L one lor
:kok: espn

and could it be i just blasted abt 2000 bucks after catching the BUY BUY BUY virus from u and i have no money liao?!

Ha, now another little question.
After you put your D70 and kit lens inside your new dry cabi, dont you think they are a bit lonely and the dry cabi looks very empty...... :sweat:

2K for an initial start up is VERY little lah, quit complaining ;p there's more to come.

Astin, and after it gets full, time for a change :devil:

wainism said:
oh another question :

the fins are like a radiator and it needs air to flow through, so do not put it against the wall. There is a sponge like material sticking out at the fin area, this is where the humidity is passed out from the cabinet.

PS I give your cabinet a year, since you already have the Buy Bug

Mine's full too, I need a new one soon!!!!

wainism said:
hi,

just got a i-cabi, 30L from John 3:16 for $99

but then i dun quite noe how to use it, despite reading the instructions.

i plugged it in, now it shows 73% 30 deg C

it says in the instructions (under Digital Humidity Control)

to press set etc. but the thing is the digital display seems to be stuck to the glass cabinet. how do i press the "T", "H" and "C" buttons if the digital display is stuck to the glass door? :dunno:

also, (under Digital Display Series) it says pull out black tab on the digital hydrometer fo first usage. whats this black tab?

also, whats the percentage that it shd be at for cameras and lenses only?

thanks, cant wait to put my D70 in.

hi..i got the same model as u...solution is simple. turn clockwise to C...till the end.if u cant see..do get a torch..tehre is a knob can tune one.

the humid for camera should maintain at 50% and below. i managed to set it below 47%

ian

ian

hi i did the above,but the humidity gauge like not consistent
i mean initially it was 59% so i turn clockwise(towards C) and it went up to 67%?!

i noe everytime u open the door the humidity goes up...but does it go up that much? i open,turn the nob and close liao!

now i turned it all the way till C and its 65%!

heeeeeelp!!!

wainism said:
hi i did the above,but the humidity gauge like not consistent
i mean initially it was 59% so i turn clockwise(towards C) and it went up to 67%?!

i noe everytime u open the door the humidity goes up...but does it go up that much? i open,turn the nob and close liao!

now i turned it all the way till C and its 65%!

heeeeeelp!!!

learn to wait... :) and DON"T open it again....

Actually it takes quite a few hours to get down to the level you want for the first few times as air inside is probably all same humidity as outside. What I suggests is read the manual, it should say something about the rough humidity level for each rating (A,B,C).

Be sure you place your equipment outside first to get a stabilised reading:
1. Turn your knob to the "C" position, monitor the humidity level every 30 mins.
2. If you are tired, let it run overnight for it to get a stabilised reading.
3. If overnight already it reads 50% +/-, VOILA!!! Put all your items inside, just monitor it for a few days to see if it maintain at that level.
4. If much lower than 50% (eg 40%), adjust your knob a bit away from position "C" and wait for a few hours for it to stabilise at a reading.
5. Do step 4 until you get around 50%+/- (a range of 45-55% is usable).

Actually, once you open the door, the humid air rush into the cabinet already. Open a few seconds can increase from 50% to 60% easily. It just show how effective the Digital meter is :)

OK got the instruction on front of me:

• To set lower humidity level, turn the knob on dehumidifier to clockwise direction towards "C"

• To set higher humidity level, turn the knob on the dehumidifier to anti-clockwise direction towards "A"

and as mentioned by theITguy you have to set it, close the door and wait for a while for the dehumidifier t do it's work.

wah lau!!!

i have been fiddling with the nob since wed!!!!

from C i turn all the way, now almost B liao.
at C it was abt 41%, so i turn towards B, then it became 30%! now i set it at B, hope it is abt 50%. wah piang! y so diff to use wan, my precious D70 sit in the box 4 days liao!!!!!!!!!

normally u guys set it at which setting B or C?

or is it faulty?!?!?!

i set my knob between A & B... 45% constant.

Status
Not open for further replies.