Need help with flash light

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarpatee

Sep 10, 2008
Jurong West
Hi All,

I would like to ask one noob quest if any of you could kindly enlighten.

I found that it's quite annoying to have light ring in macro photos as I am using MR-14EX. Is there any tech that I could use that flash and avoid the ring in insect's eyes, mirrors, lens, etc (any reflecting surface)...

Thank you for reading and any input highly appreciated.:)

Dream Merchant

Staff member
Jan 11, 2007
Don't think any technician can help you, unless that technician is well versed with flash techniques. :bsmilie:

Your best bet is probably to learn how to use off-shoe flash and diffusers/shadow-fill-ins as any direct source of light coming from the ring-flash will cause reflections on reflective surfaces.

Search around the macro forums; the answer might already be there, or you could ask around in there.

sarpatee

Sep 10, 2008
Jurong West
Thank you for your adivce Dream Merchant, I will search under Macro thread.

I think there's almost no chance that I can get rid of those ring of light. :confused:

Btw, "tech" i mean tip or technique, not technician ;p

J-Chan

Sep 21, 2005
as in the direct reflections off the insect eyes? erm, the only way is not to use the ring light if you don't want rings reflected.. the macro twin light gives more directional light at the expense of the ring's unique "shadowless" lighting..

sarpatee

Sep 10, 2008
Jurong West
as in the direct reflections off the insect eyes? erm, the only way is not to use the ring light if you don't want rings reflected.. the macro twin light gives more directional light at the expense of the ring's unique "shadowless" lighting..
Thank you for the advise bro, but it's the only macro flash I've got (can't afford Twin Light, and 430ex can't cover on 3~5x)
So, needa learn photoshop :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom