Need help with corrupted SD Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

deckb5

Jul 3, 2008
Hi guys, I have a question to ask.

Does anyone know of any free softwares that can retrieve files(or photos) from a damaged or corrupted SD card? This is the second time that it's happened!

For the first time, I used this shareware(which I can't remember and find) that didn't need installation, it's just like a Microsoft Dos kinda browser that gets to work straight away. Anyone able to give some advice or help? I do need to know some possibilities to why it's happening again.

Thanks!

Octarine

Staff member
Jan 3, 2008
Pasir Ris
Check the card thoroughly after recovering and saving your pictures. A good test is to format the card, then fully load the card with files (use whatever you have, mp3, jpg, whatever..) and see if there are any errors. Afterward copy all files back and check for errors. Fake cards will reveal errors quite soon.

Mission

May 29, 2004
Which brand you use ?

Just want to avoid buying.
Better to be safe than sorry

Octarine

Staff member
Jan 3, 2008
Pasir Ris
Which brand you use ? Just want to avoid buying. Better to be safe than sorry
If you ask enough people you'll get stories about broken cards from pretty all brands. It's rather a question about service and replacement. The big names will give you guarantee and replacement, combined with recovery tools (e.g. Sandisk).
Single components are bound to fail. If you want to be save then you have to spend money and time on a proper data concept (multiple cards, backup to disks etc).

Sep 20, 2008
issit sandisk?
afaik, sandisk had distributed a batch of corruptive cards... i had one of the SDHC 4GB cards, went to change

they exchange the sandisk class 2 for a lexar class 6 for me =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom