need help with choosing a camera...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nadnut

Jun 22, 2004
east side of singapore
nadnut.com
hi, would like some advice...

i wanna get a camera but my budget is $500. prefer an exilim. but which model would u guys recommend or any other brands tat have a sleek design too?

2nd hand aint a problem just as long not more than 1.5 yrs old and is in good condition still.

im not sure on de specs as not reallie a gadget person and blur on all those terms. :embrass:

help needed! and appreciated!

many thanks! ;)

how about the sony DSC T1? It's slim, sleek, and 5 megapixels.

ricleo said:
how about the sony DSC T1? It's slim, sleek, and 5 megapixels.

thanks ricleo! :sweatsm:

beautiful cam. unfortunately no $$$.

am looking @ 500 and below. if lower, i will jump for joy! gift for friend. hahhaa. :blah:

ok, so it's strictly below $500 eh. hmmm.... i think the T1 could be gotten for $600+ second hand. Saw your post asking abt a 1MP exlim too.... 1MP is too little to take good pictures... u shld consider 3MP and above as an advice.

ricleo said:
ok, so it's strictly below $500 eh. hmmm.... i think the T1 could be gotten for $600+ second hand. Saw your post asking abt a 1MP exlim too.... 1MP is too little to take good pictures... u shld consider 3MP and above as an advice.

thanks ricleo again! im a gadget bimbo.. :embrass:

hmm... except for the t1, any alternatives? i like de m1 exilim coz there is a mp3 player. :bsmilie:

i'd recommend the nikon coolpix 4500... it's a lovely little camera that does practically everything! check with Azure, he's an avid coolpix user, he can probably give you the run-down on it...

nadnut said:
hi, would like some advice...

i wanna get a camera but my budget is $500. prefer an exilim. but which model would u guys recommend or any other brands tat have a sleek design too?

2nd hand aint a problem just as long not more than 1.5 yrs old and is in good condition still.

im not sure on de specs as not reallie a gadget person and blur on all those terms. :embrass:

help needed! and appreciated!

many thanks! ;)

i really advise you not to get an exilim, just flip thou the free magazines on juice and certain nightlife mags and you see how badly the photos are taken with any of their cameras.The colours are off etc..... This is my personal thought.
Its just lots of adverts for the brand but i havn't hear any rave reviews on any of their products yet.

also try and get between a 3 to 4 mega pixel camera. for your budget you get try 2nd hand or there are some other cameras within your budget. canon, nikon, fuji, sony are some of your safe bets but after looking thou again try asking for comments or search for the products on line or here to ask for advise.

nadnut said:
thanks ricleo again! im a gadget bimbo.. :embrass:

hmm... except for the t1, any alternatives? i like de m1 exilim coz there is a mp3 player. :bsmilie:

a good camera should do what its primary function serves, take pictures. for mp3 players there are creative and apple products to cater to your needs.

If you are the all in one kind of guy, i suggest those PDA they not only can shoot pictures, you can make phone calls and properly play music on them as well. :dunno:

tingchiyen said:
i'd recommend the nikon coolpix 4500... it's a lovely little camera that does practically everything! check with Azure, he's an avid coolpix user, he can probably give you the run-down on it...

kk. i will read up on de nikon coolpix 4500! thanks! :p

Belle&Sebastain said:
i really advise you not to get an exilim, just flip thou the free magazines on juice and certain nightlife mags and you see how badly the photos are taken with any of their cameras.The colours are off etc..... This is my personal thought.
Its just lots of adverts for the brand but i havn't hear any rave reviews on any of their products yet.

also try and get between a 3 to 4 mega pixel camera. for your budget you get try 2nd hand or there are some other cameras within your budget. canon, nikon, fuji, sony are some of your safe bets but after looking thou again try asking for comments or search for the products on line or here to ask for advise.

kk! thanks! will look around and seek advice here too! :)

wats ur suggestion on a cam for me? :)

Belle&Sebastain said:
a good camera should do what its primary function serves, take pictures. for mp3 players there are creative and apple products to cater to your needs.

If you are the all in one kind of guy, i suggest those PDA they not only can shoot pictures, you can make phone calls and properly play music on them as well. :dunno:

a pda for <500? hmmm. cool! lol. can kill 2 birds with one stone! hahaha. :think:

Hiyee,

One more camera worth looking at... Canon A75...

Check out the reviews first before committing to one... Me also thinking of buying a compact cam, most likely the Sony DSC-W1.

Check this link, http://www.steves-digicams.com/best_cameras.html

It shows the best cams in different categories. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Rgds
Sunny

sinus123 said:
Hiyee,

One more camera worth looking at... Canon A75...

Check out the reviews first before committing to one... Me also thinking of buying a compact cam, most likely the Sony DSC-W1.

Check this link, http://www.steves-digicams.com/best_cameras.html

It shows the best cams in different categories. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Rgds
Sunny

wah. sony dsc-w1 is my dream camera! :)

canon a75 looks nice too! :thumbsup:

Hiyee,

Since the Sony DSC-W1 is your dream cam too, why not just get it. If you on tight budget, go for instalments payment so you woun't feel the pinch. And if you get from Best denki ($749 versus $650 from shops), plus add $29, you'll get a 4 years extended warranty, covering repair labour and parts replacement....

Else, there's a thread, http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=85902

Someone selling a Sony Cybershot DSC-72, quite a good cam too... $320, maybe can bargain too...

Rgds
Sunny

remember, you need to keep at least $100 off for spare batteries and maybe an additonal memory (if there is no offers for now in include it as a free gift.)

sinus123 said:
Hiyee,

Since the Sony DSC-W1 is your dream cam too, why not just get it. If you on tight budget, go for instalments payment so you woun't feel the pinch. And if you get from Best denki ($749 versus $650 from shops), plus add $29, you'll get a 4 years extended warranty, covering repair labour and parts replacement....

Else, there's a thread, http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=85902

Someone selling a Sony Cybershot DSC-72, quite a good cam too... $320, maybe can bargain too...

Rgds
Sunny

hmmm. interesting option. mite get an installment plan... :think:

once again, thanks for de help! :lovegrin:

Belle&Sebastain said:
remember, you need to keep at least $100 off for spare batteries and maybe an additonal memory (if there is no offers for now in include it as a free gift.)

:) oh yah. i overlooked tat... ;p

thanks babe! :bsmilie:

hey. i got an offer for a canon powershot a40 which is 2 years old plus a 64mb amd 128mb cards and rechargeable batts @ $200. wat do u guys tink?

2 mega pixel onlie... but is it worth it? :xmas:

Status
Not open for further replies.