Need help with choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewtankw

Apr 12, 2002
Visit site
Hi all,,

I am just starting out in digicams and I am looking for a >3 MP for less than 1k.

I have sorta narrowed it down to about the following candidates:
1. Sony DSC P71
2. Fujifilm finpix F601
3. Nikon CP 880

Need help and comments on the above 3. Any more additions to this range is also welcomed.

Thanks,
-Andrew

Hi andrew,

If you're willing to spend slightly more, the Fuji S602 is a better buy then the F601. It's not here in Singapore yet, but price speculated to be around S$1.2k.

Isnt S602 the SLR-size type? quite big isnt it compared to 601..

Originally posted by andrewtankw
Hi all,,

I am just starting out in digicams and I am looking for a >3 MP for less than 1k.

I have sorta narrowed it down to about the following candidates:
1. Sony DSC P71
2. Fujifilm finpix F601
3. Nikon CP 880

Need help and comments on the above 3. Any more additions to this range is also welcomed.

Thanks,
-Andrew

CP 880? or is it the 885?

Anyway, Olympus has a few which you can consider, 2100, 700 or 2040. Ask Jayan :)D), he can tell you more about these cameras.

come on
get the G2 black, looks cool with the 420Ex flash unit
now that's what i call a real pro
u can use it to print direct to CP-10 and the new CP-100

:cool:

Originally posted by ThePractise
come on
u can use it to print direct to CP-10 and the new CP-100

:cool:

Well, his budget is stated as 1K. Therefore, not possible to buy the G2 at this moment, unless he ups his budget.:D Also, don't forget the 420EX will set aside another S$340.00. Plus storage, .... and the list goes on.

P/S: Looking cool with the flash doesn't mean anything. What is important is the end results.:D

I think around $1k, can consider oly 700 or 2100.. else Casio 4000ux or Sony DSC-75 .. cheaper then G2 but casio and sony is very close to G2

sony is good but sony does have its own restrictions.
like must use their mem stick and accessories and all....
o well...

Originally posted by siron

more then my leg! haha.
Anyway me waiting for 256MS leh..dunno how much. Think abt 300+++

256MB CF cost less than half of that...and already out many mths ago....

Originally posted by ThePractise
come on

Real pros use the Canon D60 with 550EX and L-Lenses ;)

Originally posted by ziploc
Hi andrew,

If you're willing to spend slightly more, the Fuji S602 is a better buy then the F601. It's not here in Singapore yet, but price speculated to be around S$1.2k.

yeah man...this f602 is better in performance.....though it's bigger in size.....should go get tt.....fork out abit more and get this...

i think the Casio QV4000 or the minolta s404 is quite a gd bet for the price u are looking at..... at least from the reviews......

QV4000 sounds like a good bet, its may well cost abt 1K, and you can use canon lens too.

Status
Not open for further replies.