Need help with choice of DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salonpas

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
hi guys, i seldom post here, but i nid to get ur recommendations real quick.

my gf would like to buy a DC in like 2-3hrs time. i will be goin wif her. her criteria is AA batt, small and light, 4MP or more, 3X optical or more. dont nid so many functions, as she is a gal so its gonna be a P&S kind of usage. of course, the colours shd be nice oso. her budget is ard $500.

also how much is a compatible/3rd party battery for Canon S45? tink mine has deteriorate after 2yrs of usage. is there any issue wif 3rd party charger and battery?

wad are some models she shd be looking at? would be good if the price and location of shop is indicated also. pls pls pls give suggestions. thank you.

Salonpas said:
hi guys, i seldom post here, but i nid to get ur recommendations real quick.

my gf would like to buy a DC in like 2-3hrs time. i will be goin wif her. her criteria is AA batt, small and light, 4MP or more, 3X optical or more. dont nid so many functions, as she is a gal so its gonna be a P&S kind of usage. of course, the colours shd be nice oso. her budget is ard $500.

also how much is a compatible/3rd party battery for Canon S45? tink mine has deteriorate after 2yrs of usage. is there any issue wif 3rd party charger and battery?

wad are some models she shd be looking at? would be good if the price and location of shop is indicated also. pls pls pls give suggestions. thank you.

get the A510 or A520 :) cheap and good. altho not samll. since ur budget only $500, cant rec u Ixus cos its $600+

with ur budget, think u can get

A510 - $320 (estimated)
canon gives free GP charger + 4 Gp batts (not sure if promo still on)
Lowepro case - $15
512mb Kingston - $65

should be within budget. :)

but if u want a really idiot proof cam...get the Fuji F10 lor :)

and for batteries...get from Eastgear. dont think ive heard anyone complain about EG batts before. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.