Need help with CF card

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecc35

Aug 14, 2003
East
Visit site
Hi all, I have a faulty Hagiwara CF card (256mb). It just stopped functioning during an oversea trip for no reason. I took some bright , sunny day photos with it (the only bright days of the whole trip), and one day when I on the camera there is a message saying 'format or power off'. I didn't format it but switched to my Transcend and Sandisk instead. When I came back, I tried at least 10 recovery softwares but to no avail. I even tried low level programmes like Winhex but all I got were failure reports. So I am convinced that the card itself is kaput maybe due to bad contacts. Does anyone know any place that has the hardware to look into physically damaged CF card? Or did anyone come across the same problem before? Anyone has any other recovery method to recommend? Thank you for reading and all suggestion are welcome.

First of all, are you trying to recover the image on it, or are you trying to get it to work?

If you are trying to get it to work, and if it is under warranty, just replace the card. Local agent is convergent (SLS, #06-xx). They might be able to help you do a test as well.

frisky said:
First of all, are you trying to recover the image on it, or are you trying to get it to work?

I was asking myself that same question :D

If your camera did a faulty write on the card, you will need to format it to get it to work, else trying to recover the files on it would be quite futile as your com might not be able to read the card due to the bad sectors.

Try formatting the card if you don't need to recover the images. If all else fails, CLAIM CLAIM CLAIM! :D

HelmetBox said:
I was asking myself that same question :D

If your camera did a faulty write on the card, you will need to format it to get it to work, else trying to recover the files on it would be quite futile as your com might not be able to read the card due to the bad sectors.

Try formatting the card if you don't need to recover the images. If all else fails, CLAIM CLAIM CLAIM! :D

Hi HelmetBox, I tried formatting oso, but cannot format in camera or pc/card reader combo. Tried both window and DOS, still cannot recognize card.

Hi Frisky, the agent you mentioned deals with all locally purchased Hagiwara is it? I bought mine at CP, so I'll give CP a call and visit the agent. If cannot retrieve data at least can get a working card. Thanks for responding.

the only help i can give is for future trips... do format the card before the shoot... reliability will thus be preserved...

and i think that your brand of card is not particularly reliable...
i would suggest lexar, if you can obtain one from the US... or sandisk, availiable anywhere in singaproe.

Status
Not open for further replies.