Need help with Canon 400D

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawdavid36

Feb 25, 2008
hi pple.... first post here :)

i wish to get a Canon 400D but i don't know where to find the best bargains.
pls gimme some advice and some of the bargain packages if u know any. THANKS

Hi and welcome to Clubsnap!! Enjoy your stay here... it's safer here xD

Anyways, I'm guessing that this will be your first DSLR yeah? Since dslrs can change lenses, you have a few options:

1) Get the 400D body and other lenses individually (Best option as you can choose what lens / lenses you want to start with. Most expensive option though as you'll be buying the items individually)

2) Get the 400D Kit 1 or Kit 2 (EF-S 18-55mm & EF-S 17-85mm respectively. This is the path that most beginners take)

3) Wait for the 450D to be released, and then take either option 1 or 2 with the benefit of slashed new prices for the 400D.

For now, here are some shops and quotes for the 400D body alone.

Canon EOS 400D Body
03/03/07 - Cathay Photo - S$1,170 (new, EF Lens Work III, 2GB Sandisk Ultra II CF)
03/04/07 - M S Color - S$1,200 nett
10/06/07 - Alan Photo - S$1,197 (new, 2GB Sandisk Ultra II CF, EF Lens Work III, 20 DVD+R)
14/06/07 - Parisilk - $1,114 (new, 2GB Sandisk Ultra II CF, free camera bag)

I suggest you get the 400D from Cathay Photo (Peninsular Plaza / Marina Square) or MS Color (AMK Hub / AMK blk 711)

If you have any questions about the 400D, feel free to contact me =)

what's a EF LENS WORK III

That's quite expensive... i went around FUNAN and penin malls. i went into this shop: THE CAMERA WORKSHOP and the uncle there offered me

Canon EOS 400D + Some 2GB Memory Card + Filter + Some 18-55 Lens + Bag = $1,050

THE CAMERA WORKSHOP
Peninsula Shopping Centre
63361956/63367808

gotta take note abt warranty.. some sets are sold cheap without the warranty..

was at sim lim earlier.. so far the cheapest i found is $950 for kit 1 with a 2g card and book only.. kit 2 havin promo now at bout 1.6 throwin in a batt grip 2g n card n book.

It's one year

wad's the difference between Kit 1 and Kit 2? issit the extra lenses? wads the diff between the lenses

wad's the difference between Kit 1 and Kit 2? issit the extra lenses? wads the diff between the lenses

You have a full qwerty keyboard and you're not limited by SMS 160 characters, right? Please stop butchering words like that, it makes your posts hard to read.

As for your question, have you bothered to do any research, or are you just asking to be spoonfed? Did you search the forum or even Google?

http://www.canon.com.sg/index.cfm?fuseaction=consumer_promo

Status
Not open for further replies.