need help with buying a tripod

Status
Not open for further replies.

acetylcholine

Jun 13, 2003
Visit site
i am intending to buy a tripod for use with a panasonic fz1, fm2 and quite possibly a D70.

not sure which 1 i sure get (steel or alu) :dunno:

The Monfrotto 190B is a very good tripod. But it can be quite a handful to manage, because of its weight.

But of course Carbon Fibre tripods come at a premium price. :)

What is your height? I tink it plays an important part in choosing a tripod. I am 1.8m tall, when i use a Manfrotto 190pro, i have to bend down . This hurts the spine in the long run. Hence, i bought 055pro instead. However, the tripod is bigger and heavier than 190pro. Well, the weight and bulk is no concern to me. Most important, the tripods helps taking a good picture.

height ? pretty short...

165-167 depends...i cant remember when i last measured my height.
weight isnt too much of a factor...of course..i dont want a lead tripod...neither a CF tripod (too exotic)

I am 167. I am using the Manfrotto 190. Looks quite short without the head. But the height is acceptable after you have add the head.

does the 190pro have a hook below tripod to hold bags or something?

not apron. some tripods have this S hook or something at the bottom to hang a cam bag or something..

btw how much is it? 190B with pan tilt with QR?

If your budget permit, I will recomend the CF tripod eastgear is selling. 530 or 630 will suit you just fine. $400-500 only.

Buy with a Markin head M10 will bring the cost of the whole setup to abt $1K.

Head down to east gear to have a look before it runs out.

P.s. 190DB + pan/tilt head will cost slightly over $200 (IIRC).

as binbeto recommended, the Velbon at eastgear seems to be a good choice.

i went to have a look, they're sturdy enough. and they have 3 sect/4 section options for you to chose from.

Status
Not open for further replies.