Need help with 2 Macro lenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

meDaniel

Mar 31, 2009
Singapore
Hi everyone here. I'm new to this forum and I'm pretty new to DSLR photography. I'm interested in doing macro photography and I've got these two lens that I'm considering.

1. Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro Lens
&
2. Canon EF 50mm f/2.5 Compact Macro Lens ( Not sure whether want to get converter.)

Any recommendations from the Pros on the plus and minus of the two lens? Other then the price of cause. ;)

The 100mm has a longer working distance, and you will probably appreciate better for frightful little subjects, and avoiding casting shadows too near the subjects.

For small inanimate item shoots, a 50mm gives a nice shooting distance without having to stand too far back.

Ryan

Sweet. Been thinking through the night. And I've decided to pretty much get the 100mm lens. Thanks for that opinion.

100mm..... I'm using the EF-S 60mm right now, Good lens.... but kind of 'short' in its reach. :sweat:

100mm..... I'm using the EF-S 60mm right now, Good lens.... but kind of 'short' in its reach. :sweat:

but if you add on a raynox, that should shorten the distance right?

surely the 100mm! I wanted to get it too! but nowadays too busy for photo shoot plys recently Canon increase their price!

Status
Not open for further replies.