Need help! Where to buy Canon 500D with EF 18-55 in Singapore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennislee85

Sep 2, 2009
Dear all,

I am new to DSLR, have budget around 1.3 to 1.4k. Was aiming on Canon 500D and Nikon D5000. Currently been told Canon 500D has more advantage. I need a some guide on where or which shop is recommended by forumer to buy the gadget with good promo and advise. :) Please help :D

If you had did a serach you would have gotten the answers.

The usual hunts will be Cathay Photo, MS Color, John 3:16, TK Foto & Alan Photo.

Thank you all the quick response, I will try to approach these shops for better offer :p

Hi there,

I have called to the shops for the price enquiry. It is around 1290 - 1300 with 1 8B card and 1 Lens Book. However, I did approached to some shops in Pearl Center near Chinatown, they offered 1200, 1 8GB card and 1 Bag. Should i take which offer? thanks :)

Did you ask whether they gave 1 battery or 2 batteries? And did you check if the one at Pearl Center included the charger? And price included GST?

Its better to find out the full package before you rush to buy. Else wait upon payment, they add more costs in.

Did you ask whether they gave 1 battery or 2 batteries? And did you check if the one at Pearl Center included the charger? And price included GST?

Its better to find out the full package before you rush to buy. Else wait upon payment, they add more costs in.

Yup totally agree cos some of this so called (unrecommended) shop have hidden cost.

You dun want to be hit by that.

Or if you want u also can try the COMEX on 10-13 Sept (Suntec) might have offer but you have to compare the prices etc....

i bought mine last week. 1320. 1 extra battery, lens book, big tripod, screen protector, (nice) canon bag, uv filter and 8gb + 4gb memory card. Song Brothers. Funan Digital Mall.. look for How Kim Huat :thumbsup:

lol song brothers

The usual hunts will be Cathay Photo, MS Color, John 3:16, TK Foto & Alan Photo.

Just try this places 1st lah..... :bsmilie:

Buy from Comex depends on the "vendor" who is selling it. If its official canon booth then likely to be at Canon pricing, but may come with extra freebies.

i bought mine last week. 1320. 1 extra battery, lens book, big tripod, screen protector, (nice) canon bag, uv filter and 8gb + 4gb memory card. Song Brothers. Funan Digital Mall.. look for How Kim Huat :thumbsup:

Singsong Brothers.. great. Have a look here: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=518391 for comparison. But since you got it already better don't look back.
Beside this, such "all in one complete" packages invite the shops to throw in useless or cheap stuffs just to make it look big and impressing. The tripods I have seen at the shop is nothing I want to have, the lens book is foc anyway. What UV filter did you get?

They carrot you until Song Song

I agree
Cathay, John3:16 and Alan Photo are very friendly and honest retailers
you may wanna try them

I have called / approached some shops mentioned, Cathay photo offers 1290 for body + kit I + 8gb Card + lens book. Alan photo offers 1240 for same package, after GST. I approached several shops like harvey norman and courts, HN offered 1399 for body + kit I + 2x8gb card + lens book + lol tripod and lol bag, Courts offer same price same package but only 1x 8gb Card.

I have a friend working with Song Bro last time and i heard that they chop ppl real hard. ;p

Btw, i am looking for extra battery rather than lol tripod($48) and bag($28) :what:

Hi there,

I have called to the shops for the price enquiry. It is around 1290 - 1300 with 1 8B card and 1 Lens Book. However, I did approached to some shops in Pearl Center near Chinatown, they offered 1200, 1 8GB card and 1 Bag. Should i take which offer? thanks :)

the recommended shops tend to have very competitive price.

if you want to approach the shops in pearl center, do so at your own risk. you have been warned.

just remember, if it is too good to be true, it always almost is.

Status
Not open for further replies.