Need help urgently

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikor_d

Jun 17, 2004
Hi lads,my camera was expose to sea water while shooting at melion ( esplanade)just this evening.What am i suppose to do.I try to wipe with lint free wipes but dosen't help.Looks like oily stain to me. Please help anyone. :( :(

Gymrat76

May 10, 2004
nikor_d said:
Hi lads,my camera was expose to sea water while shooting at melion ( esplanade)just this evening.What am i suppose to do.I try to wipe with lint free wipes but dosen't help.Looks like oily stain to me. Please help anyone. :( :(
Oily stain -you mean on the lens?

For the body, use a soft cloth dampned in water, and wipe off the salt from the body. For the lens, apply some lens cleaner fluid on lens paper and wipe off. Don't keep dry-wiping the lens with your wipes or you might wipe away the lens coating

SzennyBoy

Mar 3, 2002
London, UK
www.zen76903.zen.co.uk
Was it simply slight sea spray? on the body or the lens? If on the body, use a damp cloth to wipe down and dry. If on the lens, try to get a micro-fibre cloth instead of lens tissues for cleaning. As a first stage clean, simply breathe onto the lens and wipe. For stuborn "stains", use a drop of lens cleaning fluid to assist in the cleaning process.

One thing I tend to make sure of all the time is to have a UV or skylight filter on all my lenses. This helps protect the actual lens coating from smudges and water/sea-sprays.

nikor_d

Jun 17, 2004
lads, Thank you so much. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.