Need help to take Sony k700i

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovethatch

May 11, 2004
Hi hi,

I'm doing a flash project (school) on Sony Ericsson phone K700i but have difficulties in making it stand vertically.

Can anyone advise on how to take pictures of the phone so that I can have 360 degrees of the phone? So total about 36 shots each 10 degrees.

Thanks in advance!

:sweat:

Take a piece of blu-tac on the bottom and then place in on a rotating plate or maybe a tripod with a pan and tilt head?

tried the blu tac thing.. the fone is too heavy despite having removed the battery..

I think using tripod is good but how to hold the phone onto the tripod... hee

Maybe can find a G-clamp... then clamp the whole phone length-wise. Then you can slowly rotate the phone. Alternatively, you can try to find those clamps meant for still-life photography in the studio. Those that are designed to hold reflectors and other stuff.

Oh so there's device to do this?

Hee thanks!

use the charger plug.
drill a small hole on the table, then plug in the charger.

but cos Sony K700i has a black rubber cover at the base. I think removing the flap will make it stand. Am I right?

lovethatch said:
Hi hi,

I'm doing a flash project (school) on Sony Ericsson phone K700i but have difficulties in making it stand vertically.

Can anyone advise on how to take pictures of the phone so that I can have 360 degrees of the phone? So total about 36 shots each 10 degrees.

Thanks in advance!

:sweat:

CS3240? hee hee.

Wai said:
I will use prismatic method, stick blue-tac below the phone and stick to a rotating plate.

Cos the phone is too heavy... possible to remove the black flap?

I'm also taking CS3240 this sem. :bsmilie:

Anyway, you could try attaching the phone to 2 strings (anchored at 2 different points) and suspend it from a tripod or something over a background. Then u rotate the tripod together with the phone after each shot (ur cam is in a fixed position). Have to wait for the phone to stop swinging about before taking each shot tho. :think:

The standard way is to bluetack the object to be photographed to a turntable like this one :

Pixi_Turntable.jpg

You can also improvise your own turntable.

If bluetack doesn't work for some reason (I've not tried a K700i but have tried a Creative Zen NX MP3 Player, which is heavier and won't stand properly as well), you can try some double sided mounting tape. But properly applied BlueTack should work. You might need to readjust the object to make sure it's still straight at every other shot.

Regards
CK

ckiang said:
The standard way is to bluetack the object to be photographed to a turntable like this one :

Pixi_Turntable.jpg

You can also improvise your own turntable.

If bluetack doesn't work for some reason (I've not tried a K700i but have tried a Creative Zen NX MP3 Player, which is heavier and won't stand properly as well), you can try some double sided mounting tape. But properly applied BlueTack should work. You might need to readjust the object to make sure it's still straight at every other shot.

Regards
CK

Cute lil Pikachu there...:) Haha.OT yep I know..

Status
Not open for further replies.