Need help to plan a trip in East Java Indonesia

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomshen

Feb 20, 2002
Singapore
Hi greetings,

I am currently planning a trip to East/Central Java, Indonesia, in early Nov this year (is it a good time, especially if wanna take nice photos of those volcanoes. I have two destinations: Bromo-Tengger-Semeru National Park and Borobudur. Here is what I am considering at the moment.

- Day1: Take a flight to Surabaya via JetStar, 13:05 (Singapore) - 14:15 (Surabaya), and then take a bus (or train?) to Malang
- Day 2~4: From Malang spend a few day in Bromo-Tengger-Semeru National Park (how to arrange transport?)
- Day 5: From Malang go to Yogyakarta (bus or train or flight? any overnight train?)
- Day 6~7: Borobudur and Yogyakarta
- Day 8: Back from Yogyakarta (which airline?). Or else, take a train to Jakarta to see see look look and then fly back with JetStar

Total budget 1k ~ 1.2K/person is it enough?

Thanks for any input!
tom

Hi Tom

You may want to try garuda office. details are below

Garuda office is at United Square at Thomson, 12 floor. Their reservation lines are always on hold. U may write to them too.

ticketing, "sin-ticketing at garudaindonesia dot com dot sg" <tel no. 62505666>
reservation, "sin-reservation at garudaindonesia dot com dot sg" <tel no. 62502888>

or visit this website which i found on clubsnap, http://www.yogyes.com/

I have made reservation to leave this sat to Yogya (borobudur) for 5 nights, taking the garuda package with hyatt regency.

Hi greetings,

I am currently planning a trip to East/Central Java, Indonesia, in early Nov this year (is it a good time, especially if wanna take nice photos of those volcanoes. I have two destinations: Bromo-Tengger-Semeru National Park and Borobudur. Here is what I am considering at the moment.

- Day1: Take a flight to Surabaya via JetStar, 13:05 (Singapore) - 14:15 (Surabaya), and then take a bus (or train?) to Malang
- Day 2~4: From Malang spend a few day in Bromo-Tengger-Semeru National Park (how to arrange transport?)
- Day 5: From Malang go to Yogyakarta (bus or train or flight? any overnight train?)
- Day 6~7: Borobudur and Yogyakarta
- Day 8: Back from Yogyakarta (which airline?). Or else, take a train to Jakarta to see see look look and then fly back with JetStar

Total budget 1k ~ 1.2K/person is it enough?

Thanks for any input!
tom
Borobudur very nice

but 1k is a little low... think about the hotel food travel + airfare...

Hi Tom

You may want to try garuda office. details are below

Garuda office is at United Square at Thomson, 12 floor. Their reservation lines are always on hold. U may write to them too.

ticketing, "sin-ticketing at garudaindonesia dot com dot sg" <tel no. 62505666>
reservation, "sin-reservation at garudaindonesia dot com dot sg" <tel no. 62502888>

or visit this website which i found on clubsnap, http://www.yogyes.com/

I have made reservation to leave this sat to Yogya (borobudur) for 5 nights, taking the garuda package with hyatt regency.
Thanks bro, will find out. So you will only visit Borobudur? Which airline did you book? More details thanks :)

Borobudur very nice

but 1k is a little low... think about the hotel food travel + airfare...
Don't know man, but from my experience in SEA trips, it's manageable. Will bring extra cash for sure.

Anyone else could advise on the Bromo-Semeru part? My main concern is the transportation. Once arrive at the place, I could always ask hotel/guest house owner to help me book tickets. The other concern is safety. One of my friends from Indonesia always warms me about the safety. Not sure if it could be a problem in east java.

i personally have travelled from surabaya to yogyakarta by car, wif a group of frens...in terms of safety, it is quite subjective.
because just like any long distance travel by car, the element of danger is always there. even SG-KL also may have danger.
by plane....hmm not e wisest choice, give that there'd been a lot of safety concerns on domestic flights. and i have personally experienced tat "danger" b4...thank god nothing happen. but still an experience.

so coming back, i'd personally recommend by car cos u can see more secenery along the way. and i remember at tat time, i passed thru a mountain where there was a volcano lake. e secenery uphill n downhill was awesome. sorry but i cant remember the name of tat place. but for sure it was enroute from SBY to YOG.

and yes 1K could be enuf. provided u dun stay in expensive 5-star hotel :bsmilie:

i personally have travelled from surabaya to yogyakarta by car, wif a group of frens...in terms of safety, it is quite subjective.
because just like any long distance travel by car, the element of danger is always there. even SG-KL also may have danger.
by plane....hmm not e wisest choice, give that there'd been a lot of safety concerns on domestic flights. and i have personally experienced tat "danger" b4...thank god nothing happen. but still an experience.

so coming back, i'd personally recommend by car cos u can see more secenery along the way. and i remember at tat time, i passed thru a mountain where there was a volcano lake. e secenery uphill n downhill was awesome. sorry but i cant remember the name of tat place. but for sure it was enroute from SBY to YOG.

and yes 1K could be enuf. provided u dun stay in expensive 5-star hotel :bsmilie:
Thanks pal may I know how much time required if travelling by bus from surabaya to yogyakarta? How about the cost of renting a car with driver? If this is possible then I can do a triangle trip among "surabaya - yogyakarta - Malang - surabaya". Sounds cool.

Thanks bro, will find out. So you will only visit Borobudur? Which airline did you book? More details thanks :)

Garuda flies daily to Yogja, which needs to transit at Jakarta. Silk air, which flies to Solo and about an hour drive?? from Yogja, depart every Tues, Thurs and Sat.

Garuda air ticket only including taxes about sgd649+, at garuda office. A few travel agencies in Chinatown also quote around this price range for garuda. Silk air can be cheaper if you can get the best rates on promotion.

My package
garuda air ticket plus 4D3N hyatt regency hotel (twin sharing) is sgd747, of which the 3rd nite is FOC. i will be extending for another 2 nites, at sgd80 per person per nite.

My friends and I will be visiting Borobudur, and likely to charter a car and visit the other places of interest during our stay there.

PM me ur email and i can send some info. that i have on hand, basically Yogja only, to u. I have not done research on Mt Semeru / Bromo yet, but i intend to cover it next year.

Thanks pal may I know how much time required if travelling by bus from surabaya to yogyakarta? How about the cost of renting a car with driver? If this is possible then I can do a triangle trip among "surabaya - yogyakarta - Malang - surabaya". Sounds cool.

its quite difficult to estimate the cost because at tat time my fren was posted there for work. so we use the company's driver n car n we paid him abt RP1mil (approx S$200) for his service as we got clearance from her company to use e car for our trip.

as for the time taken, we stop halfway at e volcano for a 1 night stay. so again, cant give u the full time taken. but i'd say, expect abt 10hrs of non-stop driving.

sorry if my info may not be that helpful. but since u mentioned that u have frens there, maybe u can get their help to find car + driver lobang n consider this way of travelling instead of flying here n there.

Hi,
I visit Yogja and Central Java every year (for the last 3 years). You may want to visit Parangtritis beach for sunset shots. Its about 45mins south of Yogja city.

it's not jetstar that flies frm Jakarta, it's Valuair.
think u fly to jakarta first then find domestic flights. probably cheaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.