NEED HELP to buy DSLR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am think about buying a DSLR most of the time is for outdoor use and also for travel use.
I am now using FZ50.
I have both Nikon D40x and EOS400D on my mind.
I got a budget of $2500 for the DSLR body, 2 lenses(not going for high end but mid range) and a flash.
If you think you have better idea of what DSLR should I buy also post here
and is hand strap is a need.

Either one is ok...

Just take note:
D40x - limited auto focus lens as body does not has built-in focus motor.
You have ok budget, you might want to consider D40 also... main difference is the mega-pixels.. if you think u need higher then D40x

Go down shop and feel the camera on your hand. 400D has a smaller grip and i think it's more comfortable for small hands.

Buy the body, buy 2nd hand kit lens... then if you don like it... then upgrade lens...
After getting one to play... then maybe u'll start to know what lens u wanna purchase..
I'll pump one good lens rather than spreading the amt into 2 lens just to cover all the range...

For flash, think u shld play with built-in flash first... I myself prefer natural lightings and daylight outdoor...

Some recommendations:
D40x + 18-200VR
D40 + 18-200VR
400D + tamron 17-50 f2.8 + 430ex flash

$2500 for body + 2 lens + flash, serious not?
i bought my 400D for $2k liao, $500 might be able to get u a 2nd hand 430ex sppedlite which i dun relli see a point.
depending on ur lens, i feel ur budget abit too tight.

$2500 for body + 2 lens + flash, serious not?
i bought my 400D for $2k liao, $500 might be able to get u a 2nd hand 430ex sppedlite which i dun relli see a point.
depending on ur lens, i feel ur budget abit too tight.

From my limited knowledge, D80 body is $1.4k, with a kit lens, that's 1.8k, throw in a SB600 for $450? that's only $2.25k. if you prefer an F2.8, buy a tamron/sigma 17-50 F2.8 to complete the set at $2.5k. If you are willing to go to $3k, then perhaps you can buy a 18-200VR... alternatively, go for a D40x and spend the extra $ on the 18-200VR... but do remember that your lens options will be more limited in the future should you choose to upgrade/purchase some other lenses...

From my limited knowledge, D80 body is $1.4k, with a kit lens, that's 1.8k, throw in a SB600 for $450? that's only $2.25k. if you prefer an F2.8, buy a tamron/sigma 17-50 F2.8 to complete the set at $2.5k. If you are willing to go to $3k, then perhaps you can buy a 18-200VR... alternatively, go for a D40x and spend the extra $ on the 18-200VR... but do remember that your lens options will be more limited in the future should you choose to upgrade/purchase some other lenses...

yea its possible, cos im looking into his considerations of a 400D and a D40X, both are rounded off $2k. tt more or less left with him $500 budget, might be able to get 2nd hand lens but definitely not enuff for a flash. and he's aiming for 2 lens~ :confused:

Get a 2nd hand Sony A100 with duo kit lens & a flash, you will still have $ left after getting a new dry cabinet. :thumbsup:

30D with 17-85mm lens plus a 2nd hand 430ex flash. 17-85 can cover landscape and portrait and normal 50mm lens perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.