Need help~! Thanks~!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scramblur11

Dec 9, 2004
Sembawang
Hi ppl~!

I have encounter a prob while taking pics and hope tat the experts can help. Thks in advance~! :)

I uses a canon A95 and wanted to take pics of my frenzs in a restaurant. They were seated from the back to the front on both sides of a table. I use aperture-proity mde and set a f7.1 aperture so tat I can get everybody in focus. But if I focus on the ppl seated near the middle and the flash flashed, those in the front will be abit overexpose while those at the back will be quite dark. how do I overcome this prob?

Hope tat the explaination of my situation is clear. :bsmilie: ...thks for all the help~!

Well, for this you gotta use bounced flash. A $40 unit will do wonders (think your A95 has hotshoe too). Either that or set exposure compensation to be +1 stop. Bo bian, the white/off-white table cloth is pretty reflective and is definitely much more so than your faces, plus the fact that the table is closer to your flash. Bouncing + a bounce card would equalise it somewhat as the light source would be mostly from the ceiling. Just think about it for a minute.

rayz said:
can you post the pic to see wat you mean... I think it will help...

Sorry rayz..but the pic include my frenzs also so I don't think will be nice if I post on the net for everybody to see...

Actually the prob is tat those seated nearer to the cam will be overexposed, while those further back will be too dark...those in the middle(where my focusing frame is) is just nice....I was wondering if I set the shuttle speed slower maybe it will help....

2100 said:
Well, for this you gotta use bounced flash. A $40 unit will do wonders (think your A95 has hotshoe too). Either that or set exposure compensation to be +1 stop. Bo bian, the white/off-white table cloth is pretty reflective and is definitely much more so than your faces, plus the fact that the table is closer to your flash. Bouncing + a bounce card would equalise it somewhat as the light source would be mostly from the ceiling. Just think about it for a minute.

A95 got no hotshoe leh...so maybe I will try set the exposure compensation see whether it helps.. thanks again~! :)

This has nothing can do about the shuttle speed here, unless you want to take with the available light only, set a tripod, and ask your friends to hold still. :bsmilie:

What you have to do is try to have all the subjects (your friends) have a same(=) distant with the camera (flash), pack them as close as possible, like what you see the table shots of wedding dinner.

The rest of the setups maybe to complicated for you, unless you are doing this often.

Hope this help :)

catchlights said:
This has nothing can do about the shuttle speed here, unless you want to take with the available light only, set a tripod, and ask your friends to hold still. :bsmilie:

What you have to do is try to have all the subjects (your friends) have a same(=) distant with the camera (flash), pack them as close as possible, like what you see the table shots of wedding dinner.

The rest of the setups maybe to complicated for you, unless you are doing this often.

Hope this help :)

hmm..so there realli isn't other way I can use for a p & s camera?...oh well..guess next time I ask them gather at the place for the pic instead of them siting on the chair...thanks for your info~!

scramblur11 said:
hmm..so there realli isn't other way I can use for a p & s camera?...oh well..guess next time I ask them gather at the place for the pic instead of them siting on the chair...thanks for your info~!
The problem you encounter is because of some subjects are to close and to far to the flash, so the overexpose on nearer persons, underexpose on the far end persons.

P&S camera have some limitation, as long you know the limitation and work within, you also can produce great pictures with this little camera. :D
(IMHO, all camreras has it own limitation, regardless big or small)

Hope this help.

catchlights said:
The problem you encounter is because of some subjects are to close and to far to the flash, so the overexpose on nearer persons, underexpose on the far end persons.

P&S camera have some limitation, as long you know the limitation and work within, you also can produce great pictures with this little camera. :D
(IMHO, all camreras has it own limitation, regardless big or small)

Hope this help.

Thanks you so much for your help ppl~!....I will take note of all your advice next time.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.